• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 love thread

Exile20

$59.99 in the US. I don't feel like it needs to be priced as middleware, its the release date that will screw it over. GTA is a name known around the globe, and its presence will overshadow the shit out of TW101.

I'm still getting both, though :)

Ye the 15th and 17th are really too close. They should release it in NA along with Europe on the 23rd Aug. Oh well.

thefro

https://twitter.com/primagames/status/364815899351457793

Great news! We've added 100+ pages to our Wonderful 101 Official Game Guide!

256 pages... points to a longer game than they were expecting.

From the Amazon listing:

The Wonderful 101™ Prima Official Game Guide includes:

• See how to recruit every citizen and hero into your army
• Discover every hidden area and solve each puzzle
• Learn the best tactics for commanding heroes such as Bonzai Man, Vending Machine Man, and even Toilet Bowl Man

Regiruler

There needs to be McDonalds toys for this. Each of them would come with a "unite" piece, and if you get all the toys you can combine the unite pieces into Unite Hand.

Exile20

I am going to leave this little nugget here ....

zlCfzRFHRXYrBeLPtG

Coda

The demo is so good, it really solidified my pre-order purchase. I've already played it 6 times already and every time I play it, it feels better and better. I've gotten a better overall rank every successive time I play. This is the game we've all been waiting for.

Actually I need the following drawings (scratch the Bulborb one, someone committed to that, plus I have a few other artists for other ones):

- Dante showing Wonder Blue how to use a sword
- Wonder Black playing a gamepad in his bed
- Wonder White ninja-running over people in to a store

These pictures are going to be a part of the W101 OT. Ideally I am looking for one artist per picture, but whoever can do what (and doesn't step on anyone's toes), I would be really appreciative.

That OT is going to go up the night of the 18th, so none of this needs to be really well done or elaborate. Color is appreciated but not strictly necessary. I can't really compensate anyone for their art here, so this is a labor of love.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For Club Nintendo members, the game is now up for Intend-To-Buy for a bonus 10 coins until Sept. 8th.

GOTY. Whatever else comes our this year, its GOTY because of this. Just got my refund check from school, and I'm buying a Wii U early for this game. Nintendo, advertise THE FUCK out of this game. I can't remember the last time the industry had a true sleeper hit, but if there is one, this is it.

Platinum, great job, now get on StarFox. Only 1 rule: everything must be on rails.

Snaku

Banned
Man, never thought I'd do this in a million years, but it feels like this game is gonna force my hand. With tuition, books, and parking fees to cover I can't afford to buy a console for the next few months, but I'm considering trading in my PS3 to get a Wii U basic and this game. It just looks so damn fun.

D-e-f-

Banned
Man, never thought I'd do this in a million years, but it feels like this game is gonna force my hand. With tuition, books, and parking fees to cover I can't afford to buy a console for the next few months, but I'm considering trading in my PS3 to get a Wii U basic and this game. It just looks so damn fun.

Why not just wait? If money is that tight, just hold off.

It's like that with any game. Once everyone has talked the game to death and hype settles because it's here, you move on and if you didn't buy the game, you can suddenly wait months without a problem.

That said, if you know you're done with your PS3 library and wanna jump into Wii U anyway, go for it, I guess.

Snaku

Banned
That said, if you know you're done with your PS3 library and wanna jump into Wii U anyway, go for it, I guess.

Yeah, I've mostly sold off my library, and only play the free PS+ titles here and there. These days it's mostly used as a Vudu/Netflix box. The Wii U holiday line up looks very appealing to me though.

D-e-f-

Banned
May I ask why the OT isn't up yet.

I hope we don't have to wait for it until the release in Nintendo Tier 2 market USA :O

Because the game isn't out yet anywhere until next Friday. That's when the thread by SA will be live (or earlier, not sure when exactly).

I don't really subscribe to OT schedules! As long as it's there before the game comes out, it's fine.

Also it's simply not ready yet, I have some cool things planned for it and I need to wait for people to finish those cool things.

JDSN

Banned
I don't really subscribe to OT schedules! As long as it's there before the game comes out, it's fine.

Also it's simply not ready yet, I have some cool things planned for it and I need to wait for people to finish those cool things.

"A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad"- Shocking Albertomoto

It wasn't my intention to be pushy. Take your time, I'm sure it's going to be wonderful *rimshot* ;)

D-e-f-

Banned
Nice, can't wait. Hope that the game does well. Nintendo and Platinum deserve this.

Prepare yourself for a bunch of really positive and probably really mid-level reviews from people who can't deal with the complexity or put on their literary criticism hats about the stereotypes.

Also, if Kohler does another Review/WiiU-Future/Doom-editorial hybrid I'll eat my chair.

edit: I'll probably eat my chair in a few weeks as tomorrow will surely only have PAL-reviews

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

im excited to see a OT by you, actually would like to see your impressions of the direct and the director's cut trailer

Prepare yourself for a bunch of really positive and probably really mid-level reviews from people who can't deal with the complexity or put on their literary criticism hats about the stereotypes.

Also, if Kohler does another Review/WiiU-Future/Doom-editorial hybrid I'll eat my chair.

The worst thing about it is that when the guy puts his mind to it, he cuts a damn good review. But no...

/picardfacepalm

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I really look forward to your OT, Shocking Alberto. Don't rush

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe we'll get lucky and Bayonetta 2 will have an unlockable Wonder Pink costume, complete with mask (perhaps by having a W101 save file on your Wii U?).

androidcandy

Neo Member
The demo was really cool once I got the controls down it really was pretty complex. I am excited to see all the combos you can do, and the complexities of the different fights.

Top Bottom