• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division for PC "If enough interest"; Ubi asks for petition signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton668

UPDATE:

UPDATE: Now at over 130,000+ sigs

from the Ubi forums..

we are not ruling out any platforms for the future.
We are optimizing the experience for next gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox One), as we are creating a next-gen game. However, we are not ruling out any platforms for the future.

Machinima has been running a livestream and they just finished talking with the devs from The Division one of the fan questions was will it be coming to PC. They said currently they are focusing on Next Gen consoles, but if there is the demand for a PC version it will be made. They even said straight up sign petitions, get on the forums and post your requests.

I havent seen the Machinima video referenced. if anyone can find a link.

Ubisoft - The Division we want PC threads...

The-Division-for-PC-Show-Ubisoft-we-care!-(With-poll!)

So-PC-version

so far the "bring to PC" petition is almost at 6000(goal of 10000) in a few days

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-for-pc#share

NIGHT-

Sounds like it'll come to pc! Pc version with Xbox one controller sounds like the superior version to me

Sendou

Is there ever anything more behind "if there's support" requests than publisher wanting free publicity for their product?

mlewis

Neo Member
Didn't the PC version of Dark Souls come out as a result of a petition too? So there is precedent for this sort of thing

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well I hope it happens because I imagine the audience which would play this type of game would mostly be on PC.

Zeknurn

Sounds to me that the PC version is already in production and they want free publicity by engaging the vocal PC community to spam twitter with their petitions.

But that's just my view of Ubisoft.

Bradach

I signed that petition for what its worth. I'll get it on PS4 if it doesn't make it to PC.

The demo impressed me more than most of what I saw at E3.

Why did 11 people vote no?

What difference would it make to any other version? Its being developed on PC like any other game, and probably running as well as the bullshots can attest.

I agree with Zeknurn, it being a publicity stunt. Massive was a PC developer before being bought by Ubi.

Hell I want World in Conflict 2 with their amazing looking new tech. Screw this MMO shit, we need THAT petition.

SparkTR

That's right, PC owners, beg your overlords to bring this game to your system.

It happens on every platform, see the Oculus Rift, DayZ and Rome II Total War threads. The biggest difference is stuff like this has precedents on PC, Dark Souls was ported due to a petition and now the sequels lead platform is PC.

d0g_bear

So basically they will release it on PC anyway but they want good will and some free marketing.

"Well, if you must, I suppose you PC users could start a big grassroots campaign and tell all your friends on facebook to get in involved, WHO KNOWS what could happen! #divisionpc"

Welcome to next-gen. They haven't learned to manage proper budgets so every game is a struggle to publish, manage used game sales and tell you to sign petitions for shit like showing "PC support" lol

PC is not a Nintendo platform, they have plenty of data on who buys what on PC.

So basically they will release it on PC anyway but they want good will and some free marketing.

I'm gonna save this thread for the next time someone brings up PC master race.

PC Master Race.

Welcome to next-gen. They haven't learned to manage proper budgets so every game is a struggle to publish, manage used game sales and tell you to sign petitions for shit like showing "PC support" lol

PC is not a Nintendo platform, they have plenty of data on who buys what on PC.

Meanwhile CDR makes a AAA game on other AAA game's cutscene budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom