• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbone games being played at E3 weren't even being played on an Xbone Dev Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

They wouldn't even go with Windows 8 lol.

You know how EA's COO Peter Moore told Geoff Keighley during the post-conference interview at E3 that the games they were showing off on stage were running on comparable dev kit specs to the actual home consoles? Well...that's not really true. What is true, however, is that to get the best performance on home console games, Microsoft made sure that they were running on the most stable system specs available on the market and that happened to be an HP powered, Windows 7 system with Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU.

Thanks to the guys on the HFBoards put together a nice little cache of information on the Xbox One and PS4, strangely they had some fairly unflattering evidence of the Xbox One games not even running on Xbox One dev kits or, as Peter Moore put it, comparable specs...unless, Microsoft is switching from AMD cards to Nvidia cards in a last ditch effort to raise the price of manufacturing the console?

Anyway, Julian Rignall from US Gamers had an interesting Tweet to share, which on its own is quite harmless, noting...

_1371234074.jpg

Durante

The tweet has been discussed, the Nvidia blurb is new. That would be hilarious.

Good news for all of us with Windows 7 / Intel / Nvidia PCs

syko de4d

wtf... on a nvidia gpu?

What the hell. So all ingame stuff we saw are not really legit, it could be totally different at launch if the ESRAM/downclocking stuff becomes true.

Flatline

Banned
This has been discussed already, sorry bub

Did we discuss that they weren't playing it on hardware comparable to Xbone's? I thought the excuse was that they're dev kits or comparable hardware but apparently the hardware has nothing to do with Xbone.

Dev kits are even finalised yet, some Dev at E3 confirmed it. They are all running off custom PC's with the console specs.

Nope, according to the link in the OP it's Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU

onQ123

People are saying nothing to see here but if it really was a PC with a Nvidia GPU I think there is something to talk about here.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Dev kits are even finalised yet, some Dev at E3 confirmed it. They are all running off custom PC's with the console specs.

The Xbox One GPU isn't even close to a 700 series GTX.

DocSeuss

I was under the impression that this happens fairly regularly at showings. Most devs show off their games on PCs, don't they?

The way those PS4 games were freezing, I'm certain they were running on PS4.

you mean during Assassin Creed conf demo? I thought that as audio/video connection issue, someone said the guy playing it apparently didn't realized the big screen was frozen and keep playing for a while.

Durante

I was under the impression that this happens fairly regularly at showings. Most devs show off their games on PCs, don't they?
Almost every single third-party game at E3 over the past few years was shown on PC, that is true. Especially for last-gen, you simply get a much better showing on PC, and with less effort, particularly if you are still in the middle of development.

What would be really surprising is not that it's running on PC, but that the PC uses an Nvidia GPU, since all the consoles are AMD.

x3sphere

All the Xbone games I played ran really smooth and had better performance than anything on the PS4 side, so this makes sense. Something did seem up.

spookyfish

So, for those of us that graphic card illiterate (I know, I know), what does this mean in terms of porting over?

Is that easy to do, or ... not?

ascii42

So basically like any other pre-launch demos, ever?

360 demos in 2005 were running of g4 Power Macs.

G5s, actually, but that made sense, because G5s were PPC like the 360 and could have had a similar graphics card to what the 360 had.

RSLAEV

Oh sweet, so I can just pop a 770 or 780 into my computer and have a kick ass HD gaming machine!

*looks at prices*

*cries*

Ploid 3.0

People are saying nothing to see here but if it really was a PC with a Nvidia GPU I think there is something to talk about here.

Yeah it's usually nothing when it's a PC with "Comparable specs" but this? Shouldn't a Nvidia graphics card be the opposite? What is going on?

StevieP

Banned
Most of the demos you've seen where they revealed it running "in engine" (on both consoles) has been on PC that's higher end than the consoles. Surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom