• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Xbone, getting banned from XBL maybe revokes(?) access to your games

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

EDIT:
Can a mod please change the title to specify Xbox One games? Thanks.

fWpJY1n.jpg

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport1/status/345338828606812160

I can understand not being able to play multiplayer, but single player too?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Well I can't see this ending poorly at all

I thought this was known.

Anyone know if that's the case with PSN? I don't think it is with Steam.

Definitely not the case with Steam, it only locks you out of games that use VAC security IIRC. Didn't EA do something like this with Origin and forum bans and there was a huge shitstorm?

lbk62

IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE YOU AINT TELLIN ME MICROSOFT?

What next? you are gonna punch some babies? kick my dog? steal my girlfriend?

:(

MormaPope

Banned
For all those people that'll flash their genitals with Skype chat during online matches, they'll be pleasantly surprised when they can flash no more.

Ya this seems possibly illegal. Unless the ToS REALLY says you do not own your games and your just legally renting them from MS and they have the rights to cancel that at any time.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Microsoft sure loves elitism:

- you must live in the few supported countries
- you can only buy new games
- you need reliable internet
- you need to be in your best behavior

macewank

Maybe. Probably even.

But let's remember one thing folks. Xbox Support doesn't support the xbone, nor are they in a position to dictate or speak to the policies surrounding it. The console isn't even out yet.

harSon

Banned
I've never been banned, and I'll never be banned, but that's some Grade-A bullshit. There's no justification for forfeiting the rights to your entire games catalog for misbehaving on their online service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom