• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ikea's mulled wine may be the most revolting beverage I've ever tried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't know what kind of devil possessed me to purchase alcohol at Ikea, but alas, now I'm stuck with a bottle of this filth. It tastes like cheap boxed sangria mixed with liquorice and a hint of root beer.

qIdcZjp.jpg

Is this shit actually consumed in Sweden? The label says it's made in Germany, and after giving it a taste I'm inclined to think it's repurposed industrial waste.

Swedish-GAF, you've got some 'splainin' to do.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I don't know what kind of devil possessed me to purchase alcohol at Ikea, but alas, now I'm stuck with a bottle of this filth. It tastes like cheap boxed sangria mixed with liquorice and a hint of root beer.

qIdcZjp.jpg

Is this shit actually consumed in Sweden? The label says it's made in Germany, and after giving it a taste I'm inclined to think it's repurposed industrial waste.

Swedish-GAF, you've got some 'splainin' to do.

Were there special instructions on how to drink it?

Jokab

Yeah that shit is delicious. Served hot though, and preferably with some raisins and crushed almonds (in the glass/cup, mind you).

Haven't tried the IKEA version though, it might be shit.

dekline

Ikea would be a great place to get drunk. Drink as much as you want and pass out on the most comfortable bed you can find!

Milchjon

Maybe you should drink it in the winter and heat it, like you're supposed to ;-)

Had that same bottle last winter, didn't hate it. Sure, it's cheap shit, but it it's drinkable when it's hot on a cold night. Couldn't imagine drinking it in the summer.

Estocolmo

Glögg is only for christmas. You warm the Glögg in a pot until it boils and put raisins and almonds in it. There are alcohol alternatives also. Its very popular during the winter time.

There should be a thread about 'products you had no idea companies made'. Till a few weeks ago I didn't know Sony was in the insurance business and now I'm learning that IKEA sells wine.

Milchjon

There should be a thread about 'products you had no idea companies made'. Till a few weeks ago I didn't know Sony was in the insurance business and now I'm learning that IKEA sells wine.

They sell all kinds of Swedish "specialties". For as long as I can remember.

Daim is king.

Kisaya

how much was it?

didn't know Ikea sells wine

I think it depends on where you're at. My store (Brooklyn) doesn't have this at all (unless I've been blind to it @__@).

Milchjon

I think it depends on where you're at. My store (Brooklyn) doesn't have this at all (unless I've been blind to it @__@).

When did you check? They only sell it in winter.

Edit: For those asking about prices, I think it's in the 4-5€ range, if not even cheaper.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I had the non alcoholic version of this. It was indeed very nasty.

Angst

*Glögg defense force incoming*

Glögg is awesome, it's best suited to cold winter days, preferably around christmas. I do prefer Glühwein though as that is not as sweet.

This is how you drink it:

1. Heat it to ~55 degrees celsius
2. Have some raisins and almonds in a cup
3. Pour the glögg over the raisins and almonds
4. Drink it while eating a pepparkaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom