• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The Final Fantasy VII Steam Release is Imminent [UPDATE] Now available on Steam

Grief.exe

UPDATE

Game just got released.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/

header_292x136.jpg

Update

Square updated the App several times to day and added the game to the Steam Store. They haven't configured a proper store page yet.

Oh shit this is news to me

uEAG3K4.png

Nothing new on FFVIII

Purchasing options for FFVII were just added to the Steam Database entry.

http://steamdb.info/app/39140/#section_subs

These packages add purchasing information

The RU + CIS entry is purchasing information for Eastern European regions

uyv2ggK.png

JTUdzaZ.png

Achievements:

• "name": "WON_1ST_BATTLE"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_CID_LAST_LIMIT"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_CLOUD_LAST_LIMIT"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_REDXIII_LAST_LIMIT"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_TIFA_LAST_LIMIT"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_VINCENT_LAST_LIMIT"
  • "name": "GET_GOLD_CHOCOBO"
  • "name": "GET_VINCENT_IN_TEAM"
  • "name": "GET_YUFFIE_IN_TEAM"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_CAITSITH_LAST_LIMIT"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_BARRET_LAST_LIMIT",
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_AERITH_LAST_LIMIT",
  • "name": "FIGHT_IN_BATTLE_SQUARE",
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_YUFFIE",
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_VINCENT"
  • "name": "SHINRA_ANNIHILATED",
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_AERITH",
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_BARRET",
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_TIFA",
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_CAITSITH"
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_REDXIII"
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_CLOUD"
  • "name": "USE_1ST_LIMIT_CID"
  • "name": "MASTER_ALL_MATERIA"
  • "name": "LEVEL_UP_MATERIA_LVL5"
  • "name": "BEAT_EMERALD_WEAPON"
  • "name": "BEAT_RUBY_WEAPON"
  • "name": "BEAT_ULTIMATE_WEAPON"
  • "name": "
    DEATH_OF_AERITH
    "
  • "name": "END_OF_GAME"
  • "name": "GET_99999999_GILS"
  • "name": "GET_FOURTH_YUFFIE_LAST_LIMIT"
  • "name": "GET_LEVEL_99_WITH_A_CHAR"
  • "name": "GET_MATERIA_BAHAMUT_ZERO"
  • "name": "GET_MATERIA_KOTR"
  • "name": "BEAT_DIAMOND_WEAPON"

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Will they be updating the visuals even a tiny bit? Specifically the non-battle characters?

If it hasn't got the PS1 music I don't care. When streamers play the PC version with modded music it just is not the same to me. Still not expecting this to be a great release.
Wonder if it will use the same build that requires Square's online management of your save files.
Couldn't you opt out of cloud saves?

Tizoc

What's the modding community like for this game, if any? Are there mods to improve the graphical assets and such?

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there any way to fix the music? With last year's release, they somehow managed to release music that was worse than both the PSX and original PC midi versions.

Terra_Ex

Hopefully there won't be any double-DRM shenanigans. Will probably buy and play it again, it's been too long.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Honestly, if you want to play this game, why would you bother with anything other than the original PSX release? The backgrounds are all made for 320x240 so running at a higher resolution only creates a stronger division between the backgrounds and the characters plus the music is terrible in the PC port.

androvsky

Hopefully this gets put on a DRM free service. If not I'll just keep my PS1 version.

SE at least does business with GoG.com for the Eidos stuff, but that'll probably be the last service that gets FF VII. At this rate, it might take a year, but I wouldn't mind holding out for that. Should have some decent extras too. :)

Hardest achievement in game:
"name": "GET_FOURTH_AERITH_LAST_LIMIT",

This might be a good incentive to actually try to do this.

Does this version have the W-Item materia technique? (i may have asked this but don't remember the answer)

Also, it is a technique not a glitch. :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Honestly, if you want to play this game, why would you bother with anything other than the original PSX release? The backgrounds are all made for 320x240 so running at a higher resolution only creates a stronger division between the backgrounds and the characters plus the music is terrible in the PC port.

Achievements as an excuse to play it again for the 50th time?

There are mods that make the game look 'great'.

Tizoc

Man I remember grinding like all heck to get Limit Breaks back during my early playthroughs of the game....

Grief.exe

I know you can fix the music very easily, and just run the game in windowed mode.

No need to run at 1440p.

DirtRiver

Is it still worth to play it this day and age? Never played it back in the day (I wasn't even ten, don't judge me!) but have always been interested in checking it out.

Is there any way to fix the music? With last year's release, they somehow managed to release music that was worse than both the PSX and original PC midi versions.

You can mod the DD release to convert it to the original PC release which has (too) many mods, including proper music.

Cheddahz

Banned
I honestly can't wait for this to be on Steam, the one that you bought through Square was a pain in the ass to set up

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
There are mods that make the game look 'great'.
Unless those mods include completely re-rendered backgrounds, I don't buy it.

I guess, when dealing with pre-renders, I absolutely cannot stand when 3D elements are rendered at a higher resolution as it completes ruins the image consistency.

a1j2h5

Neo Member
Nope. This is probably just the PC version with a Windows 7/8 compatibility patch.

As much as I'd like additional feature and stuff. THIS is what I expect.

But hey, It's still a purchase for me, if they see the game selling hopefully they'll consider remaking it for once.

Top Bottom