• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Week 2013

Bungie has extended "Bungie Day" to a full week. Their first "loot" dropped today. Something for the oldest Bungie.net members.

Right now, the uninitiated are thinking: “Have these jokers finally lost their minds? Bungie has gone and invented a holiday in honor of themselves?” If you be a loyal member of the Seventh Column, you know the truth – and that’s why this is your time.

Bungie Day is a celebration. It’s like Valentine’s Day, only with more explosions and slightly less edible underwear. It’s like your Birthday, only everybody gets to put their finger in the cake icing. It’s like Mother’s Day, except you don’t need to worry about picking out that perfect gift – we’ve totally got it covered.

Like any great, long-standing community, the Seventh Column has a heritage all its own. That, in and of itself, is worthy of celebration. But, this Bungie Day arrives at an interesting moment of our shared adventure. The road before us is far less mysterious than it has been in years past, yet still riddled with surprises we can’t wait to spring. As we journey ever closer toward our shared Destiny, we’ll pay equal time to redefining our past and meditating on our future.

So, for this year’s Bungie Day, we thought we would keep the party going to a full week while we take a look back at where we have come from, and where we’re going next.​
There's more to come tomorrow.

Day One
Today's loot is just a hexagon on your forum profile indicating tenure. Nothing terribly exciting yet, but I imagine there are great things in store for the rest of the week.

Day Two

Did you make it to E3? If you were a badged attendee of the event, we can only hope that you were able to be a guest in our packed theater for the worldwide gameplay reveal for Destiny. If you couldn’t make it, we have no intentions of leaving you behind.

One thing that should really be experienced first-hand is the first glimpse of Destiny gameplay that we shared with the world. Now that we’ve had some time to unpack and settle back in at home, we’ve recreated the show we put on in lovely HD. Settle in and scrutinize every detail of the adventure.​
Click here for the video.

XEfbT8r.png

Day Three
Our studio may be cleared out in recognition of a national holiday (we do love the notion of independence at Bungie), but nothing will stop the global celebration that is Bungie Day. In our absence, we've sent three Guardians to defend the wall of your favorite device. Help yourself to a download in the Destiny multimedia gallery, or grab all three flavors for safe keeping.​

Click here for the wallpapers.

Day Four
Destiny swag is inbound! Starting tomorrow, and for as long as our celebration of Bungie Day lasts, it will be on sale. Some of the proceeds will even go to charity.

Ever since we kicked off this week-long celebration of you (and people like you), the outpouring of affection has taken on several forms. We unleashed digital loot to decorate your legacy, your forum profile, and the screens of the gadgets you use to keep in touch with the Seventh Column. Today, you're getting access to real-world merchandise. Is your body ready? How about your game room?​

Destiny swag has arrived at the Bungie store with deals everywhere!

Day Five
Everything changed with the arrival of the Traveler.

Had you been at E3, you may have stood in the center of a place we called the Ronut for a truly unique experience. Inside that massive multimedia installation, you would have witnessed the planting of the seeds of the story that will lead you through the world of Destiny. And, you would have heard brand new music from Marty O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori.

As your next offering of Bungie Day loot, you’re invited to your own personal concert to enjoy that selection without braving the crowds that filled the space for days.​

Go here to listen.

Day Six

Click here for an interview with Jason Jones.

I was kinda active during the late Halo 3 and early Halo: Reach days, I wonder if I got something.

Also Destiny should have Bungie Weekly Updates written by Urk, I remember looking forward to those every week.

Today's loot is just a hexagon on your forum profile indicating tenure. Nothing terribly exciting yet, but I imagine there are great things in store for the rest of the week.

So, apparently I have been a member of Bnet for 7 years. I wonder if tenure is going to be just for show or will it ever have some significance. Either way, I am expecting some cool stuff this week. For those that don't know, RTX by Rooster Teeth in Austin, TX starts this Friday and runs though Sunday. 343 will be in attendance and apparently they have an announcement of sorts. It would be cool in on Sunday (which is also Bungie Day 7/7) they announce the original Halo games will be making their way to Steam, or just PC in general.

MrDaravon

I'm still super bummed out that I was for some reason never able to get access back to my original account on bnet. My current profile on there is 6 years old, but I had one that was at least a year or two older than that I got locked out of somehow and could never re-access :(

Flipyap

I like the front page banner.
Lookin' sharp (yeah, it's a shot from the trailer, but I don't think it's been released in this quality before... then again, I somehow managed to not realize that we've already seen a player character without a bulky space bucket on his head).

Waiting for Halo 1-3 on Steam.

Anything else would be worthless to me.

Oh god yes please

Why did you do that :(

No chance
It wouldn't be their announcement to make, I don't think. They don't really have anything to do with Halo going forward. That'd be 343 at RTX if anything.

Like, I believe that that announcement is coming, just not through Bungie.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So is there a way to merge accounts yet on there? My original Strike08 account from 2004 had to be dropped for my current Deadly Cyclone one to match my linked gamertag. I'd love to get my original join date back.

Urk, you lurking?

EDIT: It may have been deleted I am reading? That sure sucks if true. RIP DC's Halo 2 account and 2004 BNet join date...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yeah, it's basically just copying X-box Live's "Gold enrollment" thing from ages ago. Just here it's account registration.

Waiting for it from the wrong company.

MS Studios/343i's job.

Doesn't Bungie have a say in yes/no to the ports since technically they made it? Isn't it part of their contract with MS over Halo? Halo 1-3/ODST/Reach is their say and they have a small part/team that works with 343 over the Halo universe and other titles in the series?

GhaleonEB

I'm year 7. Fitting.

Thanks to my job entering a particularly brutal phase, I had forgotten Bungie Day was nearly upon us. Nice surprise.

Looking forward to it, I hope for some Destiny goodies on the 7th.

Doesn't Bungie have a say in yes/no to the ports since technically they made it? Isn't it part of their contract with MS over Halo? Halo 1-3/ODST/Reach is their say and they have a small part/team that works with 343 over the Halo universe and other titles in the series?

No, Microsoft owns the games and owns Halo now. Bungie has no say in what they do with them (see: Halo CEA). The price of freedom.

They probably did when they were actively developing Halo and were a part of MS (Examples being Halo CE and H2 development by other teams for PC), but I seriously doubt it now. They are independent from MS, MS owns the IP, and they have their dedicated shop for all things Halo (343i).

I love me some Bungie Day shenanigans. Only have six years on my B.net profile, thought I had an account longer than that but man does time fly by.

Izayoi

Banned
I love me some Bungie Day shenanigans. Only have six years on my B.net profile, thought I had an account longer than that but man does time fly by.
I was an idiot who lurked B.net for a long time before signing up. I'm at six years as well. If only I had known!

Vire

6 Years...

Damn, one off from the magical number.

Oh well, looking forward to the festivities!

Top Bottom