• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Capcom Cup (UMvC3/SF4)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At the panel just now.

Via Slasher's twitter:
Capcom announces they will be doing a Capcom Cup featuring 8 of the best players in AE and Marvel. First qualifier is #EVO2013 itself.

Capcom says they don't have resources to run a tournament like SF 25th again, will use WCG partnership and Capcom Cup to fill void. #EVO2013

Updating as the info comes in.

impact

Banned
SFxT confirmed dead by Capcom. 2013 patch did absolutely nothing to help that game, too little too late I suppose.

I-hate-u

At the panel just now.

Via Slasher's twitter:
Capcom announces they will be doing a Capcom Cup featuring 8 of the best players in AE and Marvel. First qualifier is #EVO2013 itself.

Capcom says they don't have resources to run a tournament like SF 25th again, will use WCG partnership and Capcom Cup to fill void. #EVO2013

Updating as the info comes in.

A multi million dollar company does not have the resources to run a tournament like SF25 again? R u serious.

fader

A multi million dollar company does not have the resources to run a tournament like SF25 again? R u serious.

just because they have multi-million doesnt mean they can spend it all.
besides, they do have other projects that they fund besides fighting games.

This is dope, I can't wait for this to happen.

Shit...the most unique game caps puts out in the fighting genre in a while and I think you are right. Fuck
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SF25th is not a sustainable model at ALL. It was a celebration.

This is at least a move towards something sustainable I think, coming out after the demise if IPL.

Well they fucked up in the first place. No one to blame but themselves for that fiasco.

I agree. Still sucks for us in the end, as we had another fighter that was pretty far from the SF formula, and from capcom no less. Just wish it didn't have that grim reaper start off to fight out of. No one to blame but themselves though, as you said. They should have known how the community would react. I don't understand these decisions from the big companies at times.

Toski

I agree. Still sucks for us in the end, as we had another fighter that was pretty far from the SF formula, and from capcom no less. Just wish it didn't have that grim reaper start off to fight out of. No one to blame but themselves though, as you said. They should have known how the community would react. I don't understand these decisions from the big companies at times.

About the gems or the on-disc DLC? One of these only effected competitive play, the other poisoned the well with the community and casuals.

About the gems or the on-disc DLC? One of these only effected competitive play, the other poisoned the well with the community and casuals.
Neither of then did any what so ever. How could they even think either of those were a good idea from a business standpoint? Especially the dlc. They know disks get ripped and everyone would find out.

Top Bottom