• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Spikeout Xbox be worth money?

element

I was at Fry's today and they had like 10 copies. I thought there was a wicked low run of this game, like 5,000 units or something.

Ironclad

Yeah, the Fry's in Fountain Valley has a whole bunch of them too. Priced at around $30 if I am not mistaken. I picked up my copy when it first came out and it's an enjoyable beat 'em up. I doubt it's worth any money though.

Tarazet

There's nothing about it that suggests it will be collectible besides the limited print run, and even that is negated, in my view, by the dismal reviews, lack of Japanishness, and the fact that it's an Xbox game. But I could be wrong, it's consistently going on Ebay in the $30 range...

KingJ2002

no... save your money.

sega released more games... it's not really rare anymore and it sucks... play it once... it's fun... play online once and it's fun.... after that... BOOOOOOORRRRRIINNNNG!!!

Tarazet

bjork said:
There's only maybe five titles this gen that are/will be "worth money."

Oh, I'm not so sure about that.. between Rez, Ikaruga, MegaTen Nocturne (to say nothing of the Japan-only Xbox MegaTen Nine), Disgaea, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the Growlanser Generations box, and possibly Killer 7...

bjork

sonarrat said:
Oh, I'm not so sure about that.. between Rez, Ikaruga, MegaTen Nocturne (to say nothing of the Japan-only Xbox MegaTen Nine), Disgaea, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the Growlanser Generations box, and possibly Killer 7...

I don't consider $50 for MvC2 to be worth money, nor $60-ish for Rez, though... even if you considered those, expand it to maybe 20 titles, then. Even so, hoarders have less to gain this gen than they have from gens gone by, don't you think?

Tarazet

bjork said:
I don't consider $50 for MvC2 to be worth money, nor $60-ish for Rez, though... even if you considered those, expand it to maybe 20 titles, then. Even so, hoarders have less to gain this gen than they have from gens gone by, don't you think?

You are grossly underestimating how much these games are worth. Sealed copies of MvC2, depending on platform, can top $100, and sealed copies of Rez seldom go for less than $150, and even used copies sometimes fetch more than $100. It's true that there's nothing from this gen to approach Valkyrie Profile or Radiant Silvergun, but that's because you can still occasionally find any PS2 title used if you're extremely lucky.

Unless you're looking for some (by today's standards, post Buffy 1/Indy and the Emperor's Tomb) dated BEU stuff, I'd pass or wait until it's less expensive... I found it to be incredibly mediocre considering that this is 2005 and the gameplay is stuck (for the genre) back in the late 90's... It's so sad that SoR2 and AvP arcade still rule this roost.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm sorry, Sho Nuff, but Spikeout just wasn't that great. :(

How is Urban Reign BTW?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
sonarrat said:

Is the Japanese Shin Megami worth anything on Xbox? I have a sealed copy through strange circumstance.

Tarazet

ecrofirt said:
I've got a Japanese Ikaruga. Is that going to be worth anything?

I think it will. The DC import is fairly common (though it still goes for MSRP plus), but the GC import is almost nonexistant in Ebay auctions.

Musashi Wins! said:
Is the Japanese Shin Megami worth anything on Xbox? I have a sealed copy through strange circumstance.

Not yet. The game is unwanted and unloved in Japan, and nobody in the U.S. knows about it. It's super cheap right now, even on Ebay, but that could easily change. Jack Bros. on Virtual Boy went through the same process.

Top Bottom