• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

The special announcement will be made after the Nintendo Direct, not during it. They updated the blog post as well.

Q5HObG1.png

---

There will be a Nintendo Direct dedicated solely to The Wonderful 101 at 7:00 AM Pacific in Northern America, 4:00 PM CEST in Europe (3PM BST) on August 9th and 12:00 AM AEDT in Australia on August 10th!

This episode will be hosted by a special guest you all know and love, who will show you the latest trailer and tell you how to play the game…

DIRECTLY!

Make sure to watch it all the way through, because there might just be an exciting new announcement at the end!

http://platinumgames.com/2013/08/09/w101-blog-ep-11-go-the-people-need-saving/

Raise your wongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

hawk2025

Ooohh, next Platinum game announced? Maybe a hidden mode we haven't seen before? Bayonetta 2 stuff?

^^^ That guy has the right idea. A new Smash character sounds just about right!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Kamiya will tell us to use our brains, then demonstrate proper telepathy.

I can't tell if the blond pixar character is a tomboy, or a boy. TOO HARD.

chadboban

Not really gonna get hyped for it (the exciting announcement I mean)

Hyped as fuck for the Direct itself though. Hoping Kamiya makes an appearance.

Madouu

So either a Bayonetta 1 release on Wii U, or something related to Smash.

I can't really think of any other possibilities.

Infinite Space 2 pls

muteant

if it's anything less than viewtiful joe in Smash + Bayo 1 on eshop available at midnight EST on eShop + Kamiya-helmed Star Fox U, i'll be inconsolably let down.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It's gonna be Smash. I can feel it.

Could be the Bayonetta one port as well. That was kind of hinted at by a Nintendo official, right?

If I had my way, it would be Platinum Starfox.

Bayonettas 3-6 Nintendo exclusive

Platinum and Intelligent Systems present Star Fox X Metroid: Fusion Saga

Super Mario Viewtiverse

For platinum's sake I hope they get the free marketing of wonder red in smash.

I... am actually kind of surprised that I actually want a wiiu now.

It's gonna be Smash. I can feel it.

Could be the Bayonetta one port as well. That was kind of hinted at by a Nintendo official, right?

If I had my way, it would be Platinum Starfox.

When was it hinted?
edit: Wonder Red for smash would be amazing. While we're at it, I want Chrom and Rayman

As far as Wonder Red in Smash...I just don't think it will happen. Not that I don't want it to, but it probably won't right now. It's a new franchise and pretty much holds no weight at all in the Smash realm. I feel like it would just happen to promote the game and not because this is a guest character with some sort of legacy. It doesn't fit with the idea and theme of the project. Just trying to think about it from what Nintendo has said about Smash and from what we have seen.

This game would have to really establish itself on it's own beforehand, right?

Top Bottom