• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Welcome to the GAF Justice League, a fantasy football league where we wager something much more valuable than money: our pride and honor!

A0b1Vj8.png

GJL 1:
Corporate Peezy, LLC (Future Foundation)
First Name Russell... (The Int3rsect)
Foster, Texian for Beer (lastflowers)
I'm sorry 4 beating you (youngplaya21)
Oa Green Llamas (WedgeX)
Only Goodell Forgives (Vyer)
Only Human (ErasureAcer)
Pondering Deep Thoughts (krpiper)
Stonking Great Hits (Clobersaurus15)
Straw Hat Pirates (Jayhawk)
Stupendous Men LM (Arkos)
Team GiLL (GiLL7486)

hWuuXk7.png

GJL 2
Aaron's Pistol Offense(smokeymicpot)
Aye Aye Kaep'N (Rawr its Ry)
The Blue Bombers (BroBuzz)
Bonethug's Skullcrackers (Bonethug)
Chip Chip Chipadelphia (Notrollious)
Doof United (darkiguana)
Moe Money Moe Problems (Coldplay619)
The Rooks LM (ferny)
Team Boss (LQX)
Team D(Impaler)
Team Eric Fantas y Team Greatjob (arab)
Team rCIZZLE (rCIZZLE)

e2TIEbE.png

GJL 3
Anthrax Letterbombs (Brimstone)
Bad With Names (Teptom)
Butt Fumblers (DarkFlow)
Deimon Devil Bats (Jamie OD)
Great Gronkapotamus (Alligatorjandro)
password is taco (Zod the Bear)
Putin Karate Chop (SleazyC)
Stevan Ridley Fuckin Sucks (Rob N Banks)
Team Cooks (PhoenixPause)
TSF Mad Dogs (Rekwest)
Victory Strikes Again (SuicideUZI)
Team Farmer (not a GAFFer)

Please feel free to continue making suggestions about the settings so that we get it right.

HARDWARE

The Lore Trophy (championship)
68Kyd3U.jpg

The Sacko (last place)
6qMNeA3.png

The Bono (runner up)
yl1azkv.png

AFK (play a player on a bye week)
VK7I0n6.jpg

The "GOB" (make a huge mistake)
ukvb0AK.jpg

Combo Breaker (break a 3+ win streak)
Savvy (incredible foresight and strategy)
Beast Mode (incredible point scoring)
Bastard Trophy/Hosed (win/lose a game you should have lost/won)
Best Team Name (awarded to "Foster, Texian for Bier" and "Only Goodell Forgives")
A New Start/ANUSTART (break your 3 game loss streak/lose 3 in a row)
Epic Fail (in case anybody does something awesomely stupid)
Weekly High/Low

I'm down!
- Played ff twice in non-ppr leagues
- no name yet, but I'll probably use one from previous years
- good for a draft on any weekend

Arkos

I'm down!
- Played ff twice in non-ppr leagues
- no name yet, but I'll probably use one from previous years
- good for a draft on any weekend

Got ya! I'm thinking I would like PPR but I need to brush up on the specifics to see

<--In

I've played FF since 2007.
Haven't done a competitive PPR league other than with randos on espn.
Play in a 50$ buyin league every year with my college mates (drafting in two weeks)

WedgeX

Banned
Haven't used ESPN for fantasy yet, but why the heck not. Have been in leagues for about 5 or 6 years, mostly PPR leagues. Sundays are typically best for drafting.

Arkos

It seems that the standard is making it 0.5 ppr. You could ask someone in one of the ongoing ff threads to get their input on it, though

True, good idea, we can always go ask them for advice if we need to. I haven't set up the league yet so I'm not even sure what ESPN's vanilla settings are right now (I'll do it as soon as it looks like we'll have enough people :p)

Edit: I'd it's points per reception (not "touches?") then I could go .5 or 1, whatever everybody else wants

True, good idea, we can always go ask them for advice if we need to. I haven't set up the league yet so I'm not even sure what ESPN's vanilla settings are right now (I'll do it as soon as it looks like we'll have enough people :p)

Edit: I'd it's points per reception (not "touches?") then I could go .5 or 1, whatever everybody else wants

Yeah, it's catches, not touches. And I'd say 0.5, but I'm no expert on the subject. And you could cross post in the economy league thread, and see if someone who missed out on joining that league want to join too

Arkos

Yeah, it's catches, not touches. And I'd say 0.5, but I'm no expert on the subject. And you could cross post in the economy league thread, and see if someone who missed out on joining that league want to join too

Cool will do. I can't find the economy league thread though, you have a link? And yeah, as I'm remembering more I think .5 PPR might be best

.5 seems like the most natural choice if you are going to do PPR and haven't before. 1PPR overweights receivers/tight ends.

ESPN Standard is 2WR/2RB/Flex/DST/K/QB
0 PPR
4 Points for a Touchdown Thrown, 6 for one scored
10 yds from scrimmage gained is a point, 25 yrd per point Thrown.

Cool will do. I can't find the economy league thread though, you have a link? And yeah, as I'm remembering more I think .5 PPR might be best

I think it was the thread that we posted in. There are three other ones too around here somewhere. They all kinda blend in together though, so idk which one is the actual economy league
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571509&

And I'm getting worried in one of my leagues. The commish added a rule where you get 4 pts for a dragon... Idk how that'll change the dynamics of the game

Arkos

.5 seems like the most natural choice if you are going to do PPR and haven't before. 1PPR overweights receivers/tight ends.

ESPN Standard is 2WR/2RB/Flex/DST/K/QB
0 PPR
4 Points for a Touchdown Thrown, 6 for one scored
10 yds from scrimmage gained is a point, 25 yrd per point Thrown.

Lol hmmm that all sounds good to me personally, except the 4 pts per passing TD. I thought it was 6 for that too? I'll vote for passing TDs being 6, unless y'all think that'll make QBs OP.

Also, I think .5 should prob be the max PPR I guess, but if we all want to go non PPR that's fine with me (I think I may have played both now that I'm thinking about it, and enjoyed both)

Edit: ^^^^^ what the hecks a dragon? And that league is still like $60, is that the economy league? I'll post there if so, I just figured the economy league would be more free :p

Lol hmmm that all sounds good to me personally, except the 4 pts per passing TD. I thought it was 6 for that too? I'll vote for passing TDs being 6, unless y'all think that'll make QBs OP.

Also, I think .5 should prob be the max PPR I guess, but if we all want to go non PPR that's fine with me (I think I may have played both now that I'm thinking about it, and enjoyed both)

I thought it has always been 4 for QB's?

Edit: yeah 4 is the norm for QB's, 6 is for whoever ran it in

And a dragon is a 40+ yard pass. It rewards the big plays, so the Eli/Cruz, Stafford/Megatron combos get huge bumps. It's a /sp term

Arkos

I thought it has always been 4 for QB's?

Edit: yeah 4 is the norm for QB's, 6 is for whoever ran it in

Word, weird. It looks like different sites have different settings (and I've never commish'ed before). I vote for +6 for TD and -2 for INT, just cause that's what I'm used to (and that -2 can really start hurting lol)

Edit: ^^^ whooa crazy, I don't know about that :p

Arkos

Sign me up!

- I've been in a league since 2009--non-PPR
- No name yet
- Weekend evenings for draft availability

Got ya. It's looking like everybody so far might prefer non-PPR, so I guess we're leaning that way right now (?)

Arkos

i have never played fantasy football but i want to now that i've watched the league

Do you watch football regularly and know enough about it / keep up with it enough to make an educated guess about who will perform well from week to week, and do you care enough to keep up with your team for a whole season? Cause if so, I'll put you in (and unless there's an overwhelming demand for spots in the league, the "caring enough to keep up with your team and not quit and at least try" is really the most important part :p)

Edit: I mean look at Andre

Frolow

Banned
I'm in
Team Name: Blue Bombers
Fantasy Experience: Playing for 4 years in multiple leagues, current commissioner of my main league.
Draft Availability: Any time before September 1st.

And I'd prefer Yahoo honestly, but that's just due to me being more accustomed to their systems.

Arkos

I'm in
Team Name: Blue Bombers
Fantasy Experience: Playing for 4 years in multiple leagues, current commissioner of my main league.
Draft Availability: Any time before September 1st.

And I'd prefer Yahoo honestly, but that's just due to me being more accustomed to their systems.

Got ya. I may overrule you for Espn unless there is popular outcry, for exactly the same reason :p

And would (the evening of) Sept 1st work for you, or is that a no-go? I'm eyeing that weekend for the draft I think

Edit: 2 away from a league!

Add me to the list. I suggest 12 teams total.

Played in some free Yahoo leagues before. Finished 7th or 8th in GAF's economy league last year in the regular season just missing the actual playoffs.

Never played PPR. Prefer vanilla FF.

Arkos

Add me to the list. I suggest 12 teams total.

Played in some free Yahoo leagues before. Finished 7th or 8th in GAF's economy league last year in the regular season just missing the actual playoffs.

Never played PPR. Prefer vanilla FF.

Got ya! Noted.

Arkos

Alrighty, done and done. How does everybody feel about league size / playoff structure?

Arkos

Yeah this is what I'm most familiar with.

Came up with a team name: First Name Russell...

Got ya, I figured, just wanted to make sure nobody had any innovative ideas. I guess it looks like it'll be 12 teams with a 4 team playoff unless anybody has any better ideas. So hurry up and get in! :p your team name added to OP also

If there's space, I'd like to sign up too.

I'll use one of my old names: Corporate Peezy, LLC.

I've been playing Fantasy since about 2006, all but three of those years were spent playing in an ESPN league.

I'm available for a draft on weekends and some weekdays.

krpiper

Is there room for this? I have played fantasy for 4 years or so on ESPN. I have weekends free since I will be back to school by then!

Arkos

^^^ You and Future Foundation are in! (you can look at the OP to see the roster so far, I'm trying to keep it updated)

Okay, we've got 8+ people, so the GAF Justice League Initiative is going live. But we still need to make it to 12 at least! So please continue to join. Hell, if too many people join I'll help set up a second free GAF league.

Here's the current settings, judging from what everyone has said:
- ESPN.com vanilla, straight up
- That's QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, DEF, K, 7 BENCH
- 1 pt/10 yds, 1 pt/25 passing yds, 4 pts/passing TD, -2 pts/TO
- No PPR (or 0.5 PPR, pending vote)
- 12 team league, 4 teams make playoffs, 2 weeks each for playoffs

Please feel free to continue making suggestions if you're not happy with the settings. The league will remain open to suggestions until the draft is finished (although hopefully we won't debate the rules for that long lol). If you are happy, then strap in and strap on

ESPN.com vanilla settings:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=scoring-settings-standard
(the only change would be if we decide to add 0.5 PPR)

DRAFT tentatively set for Sun Sept 1 7:00 pm EST

OP will be updated with this info

^^^ You and Future Foundation are in! (you can look at the OP to see the roster so far, I'm trying to keep it updated)

Okay, we've got 8+ people, so the GAF Justice League Initiative is going live. But we still need to make it to 12 at least! So please continue to join. Hell, if too many people join I'll help set up a second free GAF league.

Here's the current settings, judging from what everyone has said:
- ESPN.com vanilla, straight up
- That's QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, DEF, K, 7 BENCH
- 1 pt/10 yds, 1 pt/25 passing yds, 4 pts/passing TD, -2 pts/TO
- No PPR (or 0.5 PPR, pending vote)
- 12 team league, 4 teams make playoffs, 2 weeks each for playoffs

Please feel free to continue making suggestions if you're not happy with the settings. The league will remain open to suggestions until the draft is finished (although hopefully we won't debate the rules for that long lol). If you are happy, then strap in and strap on

ESPN.com vanilla settings:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=scoring-settings-standard
(the only change would be if we decide to add 0.5 PPR)

DRAFT tentatively set for Sun Sept 1 7:00 pm EST

OP will be updated with this info

You need our emails. And I'm still down for 0.5 ppr, but it doesn't matter to me if we don't do it

I'd love to join if there's still space. My team name is Stonking Great Hits, about to start my 3rd season of fantasy ball, only a 4 team IDP league with my friends (try finding 12 people locally in the UK who care about football). Been watching since Superbowl 42 but I like to think I've become somewhat accomplished at reading the game. Be nice to get some action in a bigger league as well.

Jayhawk

I am interested in joining the league if there is still room. I have about a decade of fantasy football experience, mostly through public competitive leagues on Yahoo. I am likely able to make the draft. I am active in setting my lineup and adding/dropping players. Playing with new people is often fun. My team name will be 'Straw Hat Pirates'.

Arkos

I'd love to join if there's still space. My team name is Stonking Great Hits, about to start my 3rd season of fantasy ball, only a 4 team IDP league with my friends (try finding 12 people locally in the UK who care about football). Been watching since Superbowl 42 but I like to think I've become somewhat accomplished at reading the game. Be nice to get some action in a bigger league as well.

Sounds good! As long as you can make the draft-- it'll probably be around midnight for you on that Sunday. Done^^^ x3

I'd also like to join if still possible.

Have played on Yahoo the last 5 years. Team name would be 'Team GiLL'

Aww man i think you're the 13th person, and it sounds like people may prefer a 12 person league. I'll put your name up there though and keep taking names in case people don't mind going to 16, and if they do mind you'll still have a list of a few people maybe to help start another free league at least!

SO people, we have 12 people now. I need emails for those 12 people (PM me), and I need everybody to vote (you can do that in your PM) on PPR (0 or 0.5) and whether we close it at 12 or see if we can get 16. I'll send an invite to your email (have to do it that way)

Bonethug

Add me to the overflow/league 2 list.

Have played on ESPN for the 4 or 5 years. Usually just join a random draft.

Thanks

Sounds good! As long as you can make the draft-- it'll probably be around midnight for you on that Sunday. Done^^^ x3

Aww man i think you're the 13th person, and it sounds like people may prefer a 12 person league. I'll put your name up there though and keep taking names in case people don't mind going to 16, and if they do mind you'll still have a list of a few people maybe to help start another free league at least!

SO people, we have 12 people now. I need emails for those 12 people (PM me), and I need everybody to vote (you can do that in your PM) on PPR (0 or 0.5) and whether we close it at 12 or see if we can get 16. I'll send an invite to your email (have to do it that way)

Drafting at midnight? No problem, not like I'm not used to staying up for my football fix (got a pretty sweet deal in work where I don't work Mondays during the season). I'll pop a PM over now.

Frolow

Banned
Got ya. I may overrule you for Espn unless there is popular outcry, for exactly the same reason :p

And would (the evening of) Sept 1st work for you, or is that a no-go? I'm eyeing that weekend for the draft I think

Edit: 2 away from a league!

No-go. I'm moving on the 1st so it would be impossible for me to attend. I may be able to do the 31st, but I'd greatly prefer sometime before.

Arkos

No-go. I'm moving on the 1st so it would be impossible for me to attend. I may be able to do the 31st, but I'd greatly prefer sometime before.

Hmm, I really think that the draft shouldn't be any earlier than that. I normally prefer the draft to be close to the season, but especially with the way that injuries have been going in this preseason, I don't think it would be a good idea to do the draft any earlier. I may have to bump you if you can't make it :((( People seem to be agreeing on Sunday as a good day as well. If everybody is comfortable doing it on Saturday the 31st then I'm fine, but I dunno. Sorry if it doesn't work out, hopefully there will be enough for a second league also?

Arkos

Email invites sent to youngplaya21, The Int3rsect, krpiper, Clobersaurus15, and Jayhawk (rock chalk Jayhawk! We'll have to do this again at tourney time :p) Still waiting for email addys from the rest. Let me know if the invites don't work.

Also, I think Sun Sept 1st at 7:00 pm EST is the best draft time. BroBuzz can't make it. I don't think we should change to accommodate one person (sorry BroBuzz, wish we could), but if everybody does want to change to Sat Aug 31 at 7:00 pm EST, then that's fine with me. Unfortunately until then we'll stick with Sun the 1st (in which case GiLL will take that spot)

LQX

I'd like spot please. Had a good year last year.

Edit- No Yahoo? Have to get use to ESPN I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom