• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dyack on Wii U: "We love the specs" [Shadow of Eternals]

When asked if the Wii U version will look as good as the the PC version that was running during the live-stream, here is what Dyack said:

“Yeah we think so, the bottom line is everything we are doing here is pretty much compatible, and we are not doing anything special that is forecluded on the Wii U here in this technical demo. We looked at the Wii U, we love the specs.”

‘Most people will not be able to tell the difference between the Wii U and PC version.’
Via PlayerEssence

About 13 minutes into the livestream. A full 3 hours or so on the game.

Tripon

I'm not sure why Dynack is so fixated on the Wii U, once he knew that this game wasn't going to be funded by Nintendo, Precursor should have thought up a new battle strategy.

Mrbob

Because neither will exist.

MBJ25SJ.gif

quetz67

Banned
I wonder how far the game would be if they had focused on episode 1 of the PC version instead of wasting money and effort for several funding campaigns and playing around with different platforms.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
He needs Phil Fish on his team and to add always online and day 1 on disc dlc.

Fuck, the only thing he wants is the thing Phil Fish would so casually throw away.

There's no end to the hate for this guy here.

JayFalcon

Banned
I never get the feeling gaf hates the Wii U.I find gaf represents a good chunk of gamers opinions and as such some like the Wii U for being different , some hate it and others are indifferent because of the lack of software.

why wont you support it?

I don't really enjoy Horror games. This is horror right?

I did buy ZombiU did not play much of it, I don't really enjoy scaring the shit out of myself much :(

I supported Ubisoft because I felt good about the vision for the game and wanted to try a little of it

This is on PC it does not need my Wii U support since I am not going to enjoy it and after supporting SK and buying ED only to have SK go put Too Human somewhere else don't really need to support this

They believe they can get the support of the Nintendo audience by playing the Eternal Darkness nostalgia card.

Is it working?

Despite this game looking interesting and has my attention due to being a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness something in me is saying that Nintendo has the real sequel in their cards. Otherwise I would have seen them funding and getting exclusivity for this game a lot earlier. Their constant license renewal of the IP is such a tease :(

no one hates Wii U around here

Nah they just hate Nintendo :p Haha I kid I kid.

Despite this game looking interesting and has my attention due to being a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness something in me is saying that Nintendo has the real sequel in their cards. Otherwise I would have seen them funding and getting exclusivity for this game a lot earlier. Their constant license renewal of the IP is such a tease :(

Nah they just hate Nintendo :p Haha I kid I kid.

just saying when he lumps 3 things together like that and one of them is not 100% truth Dyack might get the wrong idea since I love my Wii U and he is lumped together with Wii U therefore I must love Dyack

I have no strong feels for the man one way or another... just pointing that out so we are clear

I bet more people would have supported this game if Nintendo handed over the ED name too... talk about getting the wrong idea

fool me once...

Coolwhip

Banned
Well, this thread played out like expected.

All Dyack is saying that both versions should look similar. Not that top end PC's are equal in power to Wii U. Not exactly a weird claim since the demo they have running looks great.

I think if I was making a game exclusive to one console and PC I would also try to prop up the console I was releasing on.

So, business.

Top Bottom