• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Tennis PSP --- IGN review

Twix

Virtua Tennis World Tour packs everything fans of the series could want in a portable package. It's fast, fun and thoroughly engrossing. Plus, the inclusion of well-designed mini-games pushes World Tour's intrinsic level of addiction to new heights. The graphics and sound impress as well, not to mention the somewhat slim, yet totally rewarding multiplayer mode. In short, one of best games on the PSP.

8.0 Presentation
Great sound and graphics, clean menus and a slick interface. Nice package.
8.0 Graphics
Simple, yet thoroughly Virtua Tennis. Slick character animation, nice courts and cool crowd effects.
8.0 Sound
Sounds like a tennis match should. Cool commentary, player and crowd effects.
8.5 Gameplay
All the goodness of a console Virtua Tennis shrunk to portable form. Multiplayer and mini-games add an extra layer of awesomeness.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
With multiplayer, it can last forever. It's a perfect mobile game, though, so single-player can last a long time too.
8.5 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://psp.ign.com/articles/655/655699p1.html

nice :)

Ceb

The only bad thing is the uneven AI. The loading skips never bothered me. Must-buy for PSP owners. :)

xabre

Banned
I don't like the fact that there are no sets in this game; only the option to have up to six games as a victory condition.

Ceb

xabre said:
I don't like the fact that there are no sets in this game; only the option to have up to six games as a victory condition.

Most people grew accustomed to this a long time ago. :D VT doesn't really lend itself to multi set matches anyway. I just got done with a tourny of three 3-game matches that took me an hour with retries. That's enough for me. :lol

xabre

Banned
I like the game, feels great to play but yeah, lack of sets is rather annoying (and I remember first being annoyed with it on Dreamcast). I'd just like the option.

ram

the absolute worse loading times, are the thing, that turns me at most down. even at the ingame replay scenes, there is loading...bah..

Ceb

ram said:
the absolute worse loading times, are the thing, that turns me at most down. even at the ingame replay scenes, there is loading...bah..

It's just a brief skip. Not like the screen blacks out or anything.

Ceb

I can understand how someone could find it to be irritating, but I think it's a very minor flaw that's hardly worth bringing up. And I'm normally pretty picky with stuff like that. But I mean, so what if the stick doesn't respond immediately on the world map? You'd have to be very impatient to freak out over it. :)

Wollan

I find the loading really irritating and the game ain't exactly beginner friendly. Wll probably just give it away or sell it when I get the chance.

sarcasm/ so guys i heard theres this awesome program called fastloader that runs games at 333MHz off the disk or off the stick /sarcasm .........quit complaining about loading, downgrade your psp and enjoy the games without loading

Ceb

truffleshuffle83 said:
sarcasm/ so guys i heard theres this awesome program called fastloader that runs games at 333MHz off the disk or off the stick /sarcasm .........quit complaining about loading, downgrade your psp and enjoy the games without loading

I'm gonna have to buy a bigger memory stick first. :D Btw, no use running it in 333MHz mode, right? Haven't spotted any improvements when doing so...

ram

truffleshuffle83 said:

you got it! and when we all hack our psp, hey dont we use warez too? why should we buy games, wehn there is the oppurtunity to get them from the web....for free....and with faster loading times.

that was a dumb reaction to your dumb post!

not so much since i bought the game ripped it to the memory stick and played it from there. you know you could do that to, nobody said you should illegaly download the games, and im not promoting that, im just saying if loading is a problem there is a solution

Top Bottom