• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famed pick up artist and author, Neil Strauss, has a funeral for his single life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/23/the-game-neil-strauss-married-bachelor-party-single-life-dead/

The guy who gave the world "The Game" -- the famous guide to picking up chicks no matter how ugly you are -- is getting married, but not before he has a funeral ... to bury his freedom.

Neil Strauss is throwing the morbid celebration at the famous Hollywood Forever Cemetery --and calling it "Death of a Ladies' Man." He even bought a tombstone and funeral plot.

If you forgot what "The Game" is -- Neil, using his alter-ego "Style", shared his knowledge of how to get laid using all sorts of stupid methods ... peacocking, "negging", IOI's (indicators of interest), magic tricks. Remember now?

Neil says he's laying "Style" to rest at the bachelor party/funeral on August 25 -- before tying the knot with fiancee Ingrid De La O on August 31 in Malibu.

R.I.P. Style. You'll be missed ... said no woman.

PUA hijinks aside, I actually got some good advice from the stuff. Not everything is good though.

How do I approach girls at a funeral?

chaz-wedding-crashers-o.gif

T2lywpP.jpg

Fantasmo

All I remember was how fucking awful that reality show about PUA was.

There was a guy named Cajun or something on some show, he was pretty smooth considering their weird ways. Way better and not cringe inducing like Mystery anyway. Pretty classy dude all things considered.

entremet

All I've read about it on the internet so far make it seem like misogynistic drivel.

Game gets a lot of hate. But a lot of these days is about self improvement. But the formulaic routines are pretty dumb I must admit. There were made for people who have no social skills at all, kinda like training wheels.

Fantasmo

Game gets a lot of hate. But a lot of these days is about self improvement.

Game was all kinds of messed up back then. It was these weird checklists and crap. I like the newer stuff, it's much much much more authentic. Game is fair anyway. How many women read crap in Cosmo that doesn't help them anyway? It's like wait, be human for a second and the answer is staring at you in the face.

moggio

Banned
Game gets a lot of hate. But a lot of these days is about self improvement. But the formulaic routines are pretty dumb I must admit. There were made for people who have no social skills at all, kinda like training wheels.

If you're interested in 'self improvement' then surely you wouldn't read The Game.

Although I suppose you might read it to get a better idea of how not to be a complete and utter thundercunt.

entremet

If you're interested in 'self improvement' then surely you wouldn't read The Game.

Although I suppose you might read it to get a better idea of how not to be a complete and utter thundercunt.

I'm not talking about The Game the book. The book itself shows that it lead to misery for him.

But Game as in getting game, being skilled with the opposite sex.

Fantasmo

I'm not talking about The Game the book. The book itself shows that it lead to misery for him.

But Game as in getting game, being skilled with the opposite sex.

RSD has grown into something pretty cool. Owen's accomplishments are nothing short of amazing, considering his looks (short, red hair, skinny) but I find he talks too much. His buddy Julien though I can identify with. He gets longwinded too, but otherwise is on point and pretty easy to relate to. If you search around you can find some of their actual pickup footage and if you're not a hater you can see how and why it works and that they're legit. One of them probably shows over a hundred examples of pickups and lots of them are stunning girls too.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
To play devil's advocate, his methods work, douchey or not.

They work, if all you are interested in is casual sex with stupid women. If you want more than that, then it's just bunk.

Eh, I'll admit that some of what he wrote was useful and applicable, but in moderation and not to the extent he extolled it. Many women, usually the worthwhile ones with any sense of pride in themselves, simply won't put up with treatment like that.

"How to Emotionally Manipulate Women With Low Self Esteem"

It's practical advice that works!

That aside, he did segue it pretty gracefully into being far more about improving your own life regardless of the casual sex angle.

This is a douchey PR move though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When I was like a huge dork and like 20, I thought this kind of shit was some kind of magic. Then I figured out that all they do is hit on 50 chicks a night. The law of averages says one of them will be desperate.

No, seriously, thats it. That is the secret to "pickup artists." They just hit on everything. They get desensitized to being blown off because it happens so often and then every once in a while get lucky.

Fantasmo

They work, if all you are interested in is casual sex with stupid women. If you want more than that, then it's just bunk.

Eh, I'll admit that some of what he wrote was useful and applicable, but in moderation and not to the extent he extolled it. Many women, usually the worthwhile ones with any sense of pride in themselves, simply won't put up with treatment like that.

This I have to disagree with. If you're doing anything more than playful teasing, you're doing it wrong. Teasing is fun for everyone. That said, I can't stand Mystery or his method.

Edit:

Style is playful, check this out (he's still weird and robotic though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qdqHzw92o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom