• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

So Viz is actually treating Soma as a print series, not a digital one. Interesting- I guess they think it actually has a chance out on the shelves.

One Punch-Man Special

Nice little one-shot like story, with possible implications for future plans (this Hero chairperson really does seem like a dick!).

So Viz is actually treating Soma as a print series, not a digital one. Interesting- I guess they think it actually has a chance out on the shelves.

One Punch-Man Special

Nice little one-shot like story, with possible implications for future plans (this Hero chairperson really does seem like a dick!).

I liked how the dude by him was like he's just mean, funny touch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They should have gone with "The Adventures of Megumi Tadokoro and her Standard Shonen Sidekick."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi is refreshingly tame about it, but doesn't it have some racy stuff too?

I mean aside from literal orgasms.

There's nothing racy in Nisekoi at all. Clothes don't even fall off.

Aunt Tits 100

Well, alright then. I can't help but feel that any progress Minamoto makes from this route will be offset when #4 starts confronting / kidnapping / murdering the other targets.

2899482vws7k.jpg

Here's to another 100 glorious Aunt Tits.

bigkrev

Aunt Tits 100

Oh man, this is the type of girl who would drink his bathwater, she wants his d so bad.

Can't wait to see how he fucks up!

BLue Exorcist 51
tumblr_mvr2qbJbOk1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I think the Izumo backstory at least feels a bit weak in terms of things with the dull or traditional antagonist and personality for the scientist woman. Outside of that the Renzo Shima relations and motivations here was the more intriguing and painful part. Him sitting there saying he hated everyone this whole time and that he has been a spy for so long hurt and then to respond after she inquired that he seemed like friends with Rin at least and Bon too hurt. I hope the scene in the hall way and his strained expression (from the helicopter ride to even here when asked if he felt homesick) at least implies that he did actually have sincere feelings for all and will do, the right thing for them all, if the point is ever reached if he has to make a decision for the Illuminati or for his peers. Hoping for the best.

Akito

Kyou Kara Ore Wa v4
Not sure which is the OTP.

The MItsuhashi-Itou origin story was pretty cute but I think it would have worked better in the actual story back then in the first volume rather than being a flashback. It looks like the story took a serious turn and is now trying to deal with the downsides of the delinquent life, let's see how this will play out.

Wiseblade

Viz is localising Food Smut, but not putting it in Jump International? Two steps forward, one step back. Speaking of...

Jump International impressions!

One Piece

As good as the first time I read it last week. I'm guessing that most people thought the toy soldier would turn out to be king riku, like myself. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong.

Naruto

FUUUUUUUU TALK NO JUTSU INCOMING

Nisekoi

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

World Trigger

A draw? I guess I should give points for subverting shonen tropes, somewhat.

I don't think I can get over how goofy looking the sniper girl is, no matter how hard I try.

One Punch Man

AKA: the continuing adventures of the baddest mofo on the planet.

Dragonball

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Angry Grimace

Well okay then. I didn't remember anything honestly, but I guess I couldn't convince myself that a romcom is completely free of those things.

The racy-est thing I can think of in Nisekoi is the other girls occasionally molesting Tsugumi because of her chest, but she isn't even drawn with a big chest, so its sort of an informed characteristic.

Shokugeki no Soma 46

Glad to see they skipped the training.

Now onto the event!

Gintama 460

lol Kondou getting more respect from Otae as a cockroach.

Hope he doesn't screw it up too fast.

TWGOK 244-245

That was an awesome play.

Should've known Keima would have come up with something like that.

World Trigger 37
tumblr_mvrtu0LkSO1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Ken Satori is absolutely and truly the star of this chapter. He needs way more screentime, cant ever not smile when hes there and bowing intensely. Plotwise it was a good conclusion to enlistment day, liked what he did with Osamu's character giving him a chance to display some ability but to stay the normal guy.

Rank wars hurry.

Rin-ne 151

So the Damashigami company is always near-broke despite their seemingly promising evil goals (I mean, they exist to murder humans for profit basically, yes?) is becasue their employees are almost all complete idiots? Well, with the amount Rinne's father is probably paying them, that's not implausible honestly... :p

Of course, given that if the Damashigamis were actually successful much this already borderline series could be seriously disturbing... I mean, if it kept its comic tone with actual successful Damashigami works, instead of just with stupid, impossible-to-believe accidents? How could that work? So yeah, it's good that his father is so useless, otherwise it wouldn't be funny.

Also, I know it won't happen because this is Rumiko Takahashi and plot progression isn't something she does anymore, but someday Ageha should leave that company, not only is she actually at least semi-competent, but she's not evil at heart...

Saki 114-118

This arc is Mako's first time in the spotlight in years! Yeah, it's been since very early in the series since she got much of any attention... and it comes in a match where she loses (finishes third), and the second half of the match is skipped over, too. At least the first half is shown, though, which is a lot more than she's gotten before. Mako could be a good character if she just actually got some more focus... much like Arata in Achiga, similar problem. Anyway though, it was a good match. Now it'll be Hisa's turn to get revenge for her mediocre performance last game, and Mako's struggles against some tough opponents this round.

Saki 119

Seven color pages, in one chapter! Yes, really. The first seven pages are all color, of Eisui team at the beach and Miyamori team buying bathing suits. Takane managed to find one that fits her, that's good. Eisui... uh. They really are the team where everyone is either flat or super-giant-busts, aren't they... bathing suits make that even more obvious. The second half of the chapter is about Kiyosumi, during a break between matches. Apparently Mihoko made food for the Kiyosumi girls. Hisa and Mihoko sure seem to have gotten a lot closer during this tournament...

But also, the ending of this reminded me of just how important high school mahjong is in Saki's version of Japan -- not only is mahjong a game played by millions, with pro teams and everything, but there are multiple TV channels airing this national girls' mahjong tournament final live. The end of the chapter shows this. Each channel has a few pro commentators on air. Oh Noyori-pro, why does she always look so annoyed? Maybe we'll find out eventually in the new spinoff. But yeah, mahjong is big. Pro teams, pro mahjong cards as rewards in bags of snacks (these are mentioned especially in some Saki Biyori chapters), live TV coverage of the national finals on multiple channels, etc. Seedy back room games? Not anymore!

On the bad side, next chapter is December; another skipped issue for the second half of this month. Ritz sure does draw slow.

dumbyugi

Saki 114-118

This arc is Mako's first time in the spotlight in years! Yeah, it's been since very early in the series since she got much of any attention... and it comes in a match where she loses (finishes third), and the second half of the match is skipped over, too. At least the first half is shown, though, which is a lot more than she's gotten before. Mako could be a good character if she just actually got some more focus... much like Arata in Achiga, similar problem. Anyway though, it was a good match. Now it'll be Hisa's turn to get revenge for her mediocre performance last game, and Mako's struggles against some tough opponents this round.

Saki 119

Seven color pages, in one chapter! Yes, really. The first seven pages are all color, of Eisui team at the beach and Miyamori team buying bathing suits. Takane managed to find one that fits her, that's good. Eisui... uh. They really are the team where everyone is either flat or super-giant-busts, aren't they... bathing suits make that even more obvious. The second half of the chapter is about Kiyosumi, during a break between matches. Apparently Mihoko made food for the Kiyosumi girls. Hisa and Mihoko sure seem to have gotten a lot closer during this tournament...

On the bad side, next chapter is December; another skipped issue for the second half of this month. Ritz sure does draw slow.

I hope the payoff for Mako losing this match is her having a big win in the next one. Unless she is truly destined to have crappy short matches for the rest of the series. I really hope that Hisa dominates in this round but I'm expecting Ritz to make it a close match. For the bolded maybe Ritz follows all the fan art on Pixiv and convinced himself that they should be a canon couple? It would be pretty amusing.

One thing I forgot to mention about Saki's mahjong world is that I wonder, do they gender-segregate the matches (in the high school tournaments) in order to protect the guys? I mean, from what we know, it's clear that none of the males could hope to compete with the top female contenders... there's like one known male mahjong pro that we have seen versus a bunch of female ones, and Ritz has said that the winner of the boys' side highschool tournament would only be a midlevel player at best on the girls' side. No yuri-fueled superpowers for the guys, I guess... :p

I hope the payoff for Mako losing this match is her having a big win in the next one. Unless she is truly destined to have crappy short matches for the rest of the series. I really hope that Hisa dominates in this round but I'm expecting Ritz to make it a close match.

For the bolded maybe Ritz follows all the fan art on Pixiv and convinced himself that they should be a canon couple? It would be pretty amusing.
I actually halfway think that the years of constant Hisa x Mihoko fanart may have finally got to Ritz and she decided to go with it and finally actually get them together... poor Mako though, she thinks so much of Hisa, as 114-118 showed, for sure. But I doubt she'd have much of a chance against Mihoko, unless Hisa goes for the harem end of course. But it's better to choose one...

And on that note, I think that the payoff for Mako losing is that Hisa is going to avenge her bad defeat last game. Remember, last time Mako won big with a grand total of zero panels of the actual match shown but she DID win big and actually had the biggest point gain of any of their team that game, while Hisa lost badly in a multi-chapter match. So yeah, now Hisa will win again, I think. Maybe Mako will do well next game too, but next game is the national finals... that'll be tough, in every game. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom