• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 working on "unannounced projects"

Hmm, very intrigued.
"Game development is a curious thing," Shea wrote in the latest Halo Bulletin, which also details the latest tweaks to Halo 4's multiplayer. "You start with an idea, frolic in a dream pasture where anything is possible, adjust accordingly until you're back in reality, and then work your ass off building, developing and polishing what you hope will eventually become an enjoyable experience.

"Seeing Halo 4 transform from a small stake in the ground, into what we shipped, and into what it is now has been a fascinating and valuable learning experience, both for me personally, and the studio as a whole.

"What is looming on the horizon for the studio is both exciting and daunting," she continued. "We're working on projects that you know about (the TV show and Halo Xbox One) and others that you don't (insert absolutely zero clues here). Our team has blossomed from a few dozen to a few hundred, and it continues to grow at a healthy pace as new people are hired to make sure every team has more than enough resources to do their job, and do it well.

Also, dat Halo 5.
"As a small part of our team shifts solely into sustain mode, we, as a studio, are looking steadfastly toward the future. We're extremely excited about the Xbox One, and the wheels of the next installment in the franchise are spinning at a lightning fast speed."
Via OXM

Muffdraul

I refuse to listen to anything 343 says until Frankie's hint that the Halo 2 E3 2003 demo will make it into our hands is confirmed.

oVerde

Banned
ProjectS, you mean, more than one game?

well.. Halo 2, Halo One (Halo 5), and more Halo for smart-tablets-phones ?

And that's pretty fine by me :)

You know 343 Industries makes more than just games, right?

Those "unannounced projects" could be very well be books, comics, t-shirts, cat pictures, etc.

Clippy's Bad Magnet Day

It stars clippy on his worst day after work (fixing your errors in Microsoft Word ™). His girlfriend, Cortana, just dumped him, but he's out to get her back. On his way to her apartment, the country of PunctionationError had invaded his island. Through the use of his Epic PowerUps,
Vodka, Piss, Fecal Matter, DogFishHead 90 Min IPA, and ethanol
, Clippy saves the day by fighting the invading evil inhabitants.

Strap it on. Clip it in. Get Autocorrected.

3rd person open level stealth/infiltration map in the covy vs human war time period.
Like crysis 1 but in 3rd person drop your AA and experimentation stuff in that series

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I'm fairly certain that all developers the size of 343 are working on unannounced projects.

Halo Kinect Adventures!

Jump on the spot to jump over the Worthog!

Wave your hands to fire assault rifle to make confetti shower down onto the Spartan warriers.

Uho NNNNNoooo ... double wave confetti! Dance party!

Left leg in! Right leg in! Sing out loud "hallllooooooooooo".

Ein Bear

Man, I really hope Halo 5 is good.

I'm willing to let the disappointing Halo 4 slide, since it was the team's first go, but I love the series so much and really want to see it be great again.

Muffdraul

You know 343 Industries makes more than just games, right?

Those "unannounced projects" could be very well be books, comics, t-shirts, cat pictures, etc.

True, but the first line in 343's statement is "Game development is a curious thing" and that sets the context for everything they said afterward. If it turns out they're not referring to a game project, then that's some shitty community relations right there. I think it's safe to assume it's a game.

athousandwords-04.jpg

Yeah, gotta assume they're just the Halo house, so it's probably some kind of spin off of that. Hopefully is isn't a waste of talent on a mobile game.

Top Bottom