• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I pirated 360 games and MS banned me, what the hell?

So, after 3 years of hoarding LEGAL retail games I got banned, console AND my account. Don't know if there's a connection to Oman thing or whatever but im furious! Since i got over 50 LEGALLY BOUGHT GAMES ON XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE OVER 2-3 YEARS, and over 10 original retail games in collection!!!!

msk5ivn.jpg

xboxbanovii7.jpg

dsc_1235qtidz.jpg

What about those people who are STILL playing games on flashed console just burning discs and not supporting MS and devs, like for AGES!!!

I'm just furious!

Great moment to decide what side I'm going for next gen...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Welcome to the club!; they ban for less! ;p

I love how the console ban message is 'we won't tell you why you're banned and there is no recourse.'

The very definition of arbitrary. Just imagine, we almost had a whole console subject to this.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love how the mail closes with "thank you". It's like kicking when you're already down.

KidBeta

What the hell is Oman anyway? When I saw the thread for it, it looked shady.

Oman is a country in the middle east, I'm guessing MS where giving away free games to people who lived there so if you changed your region or something you got a free game (shot in the dark).

braves01

Banned
The fact customer support won't give you any more details is pretty bullshit imo.

They should at least be able to tell you what specifically you did in order to get banned.

I'm glad Sony is not this strict. I got Jak and GoW HD for free because of their mistake (tho Jak went to be free in PS+ anyway :lol).

First of all, why did you post a picture with your email?

Second, what did you mean by "3 years of hoarding LEGALLY online games"

macewank

Skeptical that this has anything to do with Oman. Lot of folks did that, not a lot of folks reporting they just got perm-banned.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Marketplace Theft, almost certainly the Oman thing.

You took advantage of an exploit to get a game you were not entitled to, the punishment is expected and just IMO.

There's gonna be a lot of similarly upset people over this, but they all knew what they were doing.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Pretty sure they've never banned for making accounts from other regions to get free stuff. I doubt it's related to it, but it could be possible.

Welcome to the club man. Although I got banned for different reasons. I'll be honest with you your chances of getting your account and console unbanned are slim to none. Did you use your licenses on more than one console repeatedly? I know quite a few people think that when you download a game they come with two licenses (They don't) who have gotten banned because they thought that they could share console licenses.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm not familiar with Sony, Nintendo, Valve history. So does Sony, Nintendo, Valve banned as well for similar actions which gamers exploit through their loopholes?

Skeff

Kind if hoped there would be consequences for taking games like that. Sucks but you played with fire.

Yes, removing access to is 50 purchased games seems very reasonable when Microsoft made a mistake and gave away a free game.

No chance Microsoft should have just removed the single free game though, right?

Grab a Playstation, they don't really mind if you download the Saudi Arabia games on PS+ as well as the normal PS+ games.

SmokyDave

If it was marketplace theft on the Oman account, wouldn't they just ban the Oman account? Otherwise, how do they know which other profiles on the Xbox belong to the person that created the fake account?

It would be helpful if it listed the content that you're accused of stealing.

Pretty sure they've never banned for making accounts from other regions to get free stuff. I doubt it's related to it, but it could be possible.

I've never done anything else or similar. It cant be anything else. I've never shared my account to anyone nor activated or transfered licence to other console.

Josh7289

But it was against the TOS.

EDIT: Oh, was it not against the TOS to do the Oman thing? Sorry if I misspoke. I just assumed incorrectly.

Top Bottom