• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie releases Destiny Trailer: "The Moon", beta coming [Up: Game release in Spring]

Click here.

Edit: Beta News
You might have read a little rumor last week that implied we’d be hosting a public beta for Destiny, early in 2014. Sometimes, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. To celebrate the official announcement, we’ve prepared a strike of multimedia showing off the Moon, the Hive, and of course, a brave trio of Guardians in action.

Check it out!​

Edit 2: Gamespot interview with Bungie

Edit 3: Destiny Q&A with Deej

DJIzana

The only FPS on my list this coming generation. True Story. (At least, unless they resurrect Unreal Tournament.)

retail_refresh_article.jpg

Bungie said:
You might have read a little rumor last week that implied we’d be hosting a public beta for Destiny, early in 2014. Sometimes, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. To celebrate the official announcement, we’ve prepared a strike of multimedia showing off the Moon, the Hive, and of course, a brave trio of Guardians in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbpZfqE8r4

MLCodest

Looks awesome and can't wait for them to release some details about the beta. Destiny is for sure one of my most anticipated games of next year and beyond.

Razzer

The footage itself looked nice, but I'm getting really sick of this style of narration in trailers. All this bullshit about destiny and legend and stuff. Also there was a good ten seconds where I couldn't even tell what was going on due to all the explosions. Apart from that the game did seem interesting though.

BigDug13

Glad to see Bungie breaking free and doing the game they want. It sucks to have talented developers slogging away on sequels. It's why the constant calls for Uncharted 4 piss me off because I would want Naughty Dog to do something else new like they did for TLOU.

Unless something truly new can be tapped into on the sequel like Second Son seems to be doing for the inFamous series, I feel like sequels shouldn't be an indefinite thing.

Jb

Fall 2014? Does that mean we might not get a CoD next year?
Anyway as much as I like the artstyle and world they seem to have created, it would really help if they gave us a better sense of what the scope and the structure of the game is like. So far the combat doesn't look as dynamic and interesting as Halo's.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
looks great but i suck at playing FPS games with a damn controller.

xMuku

It looks great so far. I hope it lives up to the grand experience they promised.

Fluid gameplay is also extremely important, I did see some parts of the trailer where animations may have ignored the universe of the game but I guess that happens in most games.

Overall it looks like a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to playing with everyone.

B.O.O.M

Anyway as much as I like the artstyle and world they seem to have created, it would really help if they gave us a better sense of what the scope and the structure of the game is like. So far the combat doesn't look as dynamic and interesting as Halo's.

Fall? The trailer said Spring 2014

Edit: Nvm it seems the release date is still TBA. This is for the beta

Guymelef

tFdKMJF.png

Lyuben

Banned
Looks pretty good but have they revealed any proper meaty info?

Does it have a cash shop? Is it an MMOFPS with level progression and spongy boss fights? How do weapons work? Any on any class? Weapon levels? Can you take a level 1 pistol and have it be useful in end game or will it be power creeped out of existence gating you from content?

What about the different classes, why are they important? And the races? And the factions?

Woorloog

Banned
Well that was a lame trailer.
But then most trailers are, i want to see a good chunk of unedited raw gameplay by a skilled player (not what the E3 gameplay was, slow and lazy).

Hopefully there´s the option to control that ship that goes to the Moon :p But wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Godly footage. Spring can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom