• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First current gen footage of Watch Dogs?

Both from TGS. Compare them and tell me what you guys think.

Edit: The darkness in the next gen images is due to the cam quality with which it was recorded.

Current gen?

Next gen?

ibdOXRNpCr5fZJ.png

ijwOvcXMn1y5s.png

jblpBQvqW2X2ey.png

Another comparison by SJRB:
a4JEGYD.jpg

x3sphere

Both are heavily compressed and resized down to very small screenshots so it's hard to make any kind of comparison really...

Vashetti

Banned
This is why they are trying their hardest to keep the current-gen version under wraps for as long as possible before they release.

You aren't getting the same game.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I can see quite a few things missing and the light difference doesn't help or the compression on the first video and the second being offscreen.

But doesn't look too hot compared to other games such as ACIII.

antitrop

At least the difference between versions for cross-gen games actually seems to be something better than what we got at the beginning of this generation.

Madden 06 and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland come to mind.

Obviously there is a difference in lighting, but check out the difference in assets of the characters. The detail on the jacket, the difference in the hat, and especially Aiden's face. Even though there is heavy compression, they're very noticeable.

That last comparison, LOL. I usually take into account the video bitrate messing with quality but that shot clearly is shit no matter what, like an early alpha prototype shot.

Bgamer90

Banned
Interesting... they do look different enough; regardless of the difference in video quality between the two sources.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The brightness looks off, but watching the video nothing really looked "bad" to me. Doesn't look as good as the next gen version, but then again who expected it to?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't know. Last time we thought we had current gen footage, it turned out to be the PC version with a bunch of setting switched off.

prag16

Banned
Doesn't look TOO bad, but why so washed out for the "current gen" shots? That makes it tough to compare.

Wasn't the Aisha Tyler trailer also current gen? That one was pretty rough looking.
No, that was a mistake that someone in marketing released. Ubisoft said it was a build with a lot of settings that weren't enabled, that basically someone without an eye for these kind of things put out. There was a fuss about it at the studio.

Salex_

Meh, the launch window lineups are trash so I'll just stay with current gen until the big AAA exclusives and pay the same price for cross-gen multiplats in the meantime, no problem.
/s. That difference is MASSVE.

Top Bottom