• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony started accepting digital preorders for PS4 games on SEN and PS Store

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Cut for DLC if old.
RRrLtfb.png

R1fUjx1.png

Guymelef

From Knack:

One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with purchasing account.
One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sweet, I was assuming they were gonna wait out for the spend $50 get a $10 credit promo deal to end.

VanWinkle

So, from that last line, when you purchase a digital game, it will be allowed to be played on the primary PS4 system, and any system otherwise while you're logged into it.

From Knack:

Hmm there was another line. So I guess it can be on two consoles, and then any other one while you're logged into it? Or just two consoles period?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was looking back to try to figure out who were first to digital pre-loading and pre-orders. It looks like by November 2006 Steam had it (because RACE--not RAGE, RACE had a pre-order). Anyone know if any other DD services did it before then?

Guymelef

So, from that last line, when you purchase a digital game, it will be allowed to be played on the primary PS4 system, and any system otherwise while you're logged into it.

Hmm there was another line. So I guess it can be on two consoles, and then any other one while you're logged into it? Or just two consoles period?

I understand it as you play your game in any console if you login and you can download the game in two different consoles with the same account, just like PS3.

What am I supposed to see? Looks the same as PS3 games for me
Yes, but this is the closest thing to a confirmation that we have, unless they copy and paste it from PS3 games.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Looking forward to pre ordering watch do........

Knack
This is my preferred DRM. Combines online with offline. Still wish it was 2 consoles online or off, though. Yeah, I'm really disappointed there's no digital discount. I though Sony would balls up and do that. Doesn't want to upset retail? Dunno. The Vita does it but you have to buy cards from retail so that's the trade-off. Dunno.

StuBurns

Banned
Biggest news with this, we now know PS4 content isn't separate, which means PS+ members can amass a PS4 library without the system.

Amazballs.

androvsky

Huh?

Same as the PS3.

I think it's slightly different. On PS3, you can download and play on two activated systems, online or off, with any account on the system. With PS4, you can download on two systems, but only play offline (or different accounts) on the "Home" system. To play on both systems, the other PS4 has to be logged into the purchasing account.

So in other words, to share a game you've purchased, designate the other person's PS4 as your home system. They'll be able to play the game on their account while you play it logged into yours.

ck2875

Sweet! I had been wondering when we would get this option and figured it would be available after they ended the "spend $50, get $10 back" promo. I'm happy I'll be able to get some money back out of it.

I'm not surprised it's web-only. I could see confusion by uninformed people thinking they were buying a PS3 game.

BigDug13

2 systems per digital purchase? That's definitely one way to entice people to buy digitally. Lose the ability to sell the game but end up with 2 game licenses.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Looks like Sony is attacking gameshare by forcing people to login to the account that purchased the game.

But uh, I thought you can play offline. Is this DRM? Or poor interpretation?

2 systems per digital purchase? That's definitely one way to entice people to buy digitally. Lose the ability to sell the game but end up with 2 game licenses.

It was 5 licenses for a couple years on PS3, but a lot of people took advantage of it, so Sony reduced it to 2 licenses.

softie

Most interesting part:

One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with purchasing account.

Purchase or use of this item is subject to the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service, this item’s use restrictions, and other applicable terms located at http://www.us.playstation.com/support/useragreements. If you do not wish to accept all these terms, do not purchase or use this item. One-time license fee for downloads to up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account.

The first one is new, the second one is old. I guess the first one is the new licensing, whereas the second one is the old PSN-Template, that still got used in this product description and has to be removed.

So I'm suspecting the old 2-slot licensing is gone for PS4. :-(

Frumix

Suffering From Success

I would imagine it's the same 2 activations business as with PS3. Or it's just there through a template.

Top Bottom