• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I told you I'd shoot! But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Hello, boys and girls. This is your old pal, Stinky Wizzleteats. This is a song about a whale. No! This is a song about being happy! That's right! It's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs! Now, boys and girls, let's try it again!

Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

If'n you aint the grandaddy of all liars! The little critters of nature... They don't know that they're ugly! That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee! I told you I'd shoot! But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!

Happy Happy Happy Happy
Happy Happy Happy Happy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

ren_and_stimpy2b.jpg

Richiban

If you haven't heard it, the Wax version of the theme song kicked ass.

Come to think of it, this whole album rules:

B000002OYG.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'm usually on the side of the creators 100%, but I've gotta say that John K.'s Nick-free Ren & Stimpy was godawful. Apparently Nickelodeon's "interference" is what made the show great.

Ferrio

Banned
Ren and Stimpy for the most part was meh. But stuff like Happy Joy Joy song, and Eggyolkio always crack me up.

I'm usually on the side of the creators 100%, but I've gotta say that John K.'s Nick-free Ren & Stimpy was godawful.

I haven't seen Ren & Stimpy in ages, but something tells me Kricfalusi is just a one trick pony. When he finally got the change to do Ren & Stimpy again it was past it's prime and he was trying too hard.

I'm still looking forward to the super duper DVD box set next year.

AniHawk

Happy Happy Joy Joy is fucking hilarious.

I love the rubber nipple salesmen episode just for the scene with Mr. Horse.

Mr. Horse: hm... rubble nipples you say... no... I don't think I have any use for those. But Say! Do you have any... walrus protectors?
Walrus: Caaaall the poliiiiiiiiiiiiice

kablooey

xsarien said:
I'm usually on the side of the creators 100%, but I've gotta say that John K.'s Nick-free Ren & Stimpy was godawful. Apparently Nickelodeon's "interference" is what made the show great.

I think the Nick version was better because it was catered to kids, but subverted the expectations of what you'd expect of a kids show, at least back then.

Without Nick, the same shock value isn't there, because you're expecting it to be obscene and disgusting, etc.

Still, Ren & Stimpy back when it first started was the shit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom