• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon XY patch live on eShop

SuperSah

Banned
I just got it on the EU store.

Fixes saving bug in Lumiose City.

Fixes GTS bugs.

No patch for fps. (lol)

"This update fixes a bug related to resuming your game after saving game data in Luminose City. It also improves the filtering feature within the Global Trade Station (GTS)."

KHlover

Banned
Fix the disconnect error whenever I leave the game/shut the 3DS or GTFO.
Thank you for fixing Luminous City, though <3

Sendou

"This update fixes a bug related to resuming your game after saving game data in Luminose City. It also improves the filtering feature within the Global Trade Station (GTS)."

Also up on the NA eShop if it wasn't clear. 229 blocks.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
YES! I can finally roam freely in the streets of Lumiose without that god damned Damocles sword over my head at all times

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What were the GTS bugs?

A lot of times if you seek a pokemon, and then filter the offers by pokemon you have, then start a trade, the game will give you an error about a communication error occurring, and you'll have to power the system down.

Jawmuncher

Freaking A

I just got the game today, I wouldn't care about a patch but I don't want to lose my progress after starting. Can the 3DS browser login to internet that requires a browser login?
If not what can I do to keep my save safe?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Freaking A

I just got the game today, I wouldn't care about a patch but I don't want to lose my progress after starting. Can the 3DS browser login to internet that requires a browser login?

Huh?

Just download the patch, dude.

Mael

Freaking A

Don't save in Lumiose and don't use GTS then.

In most situations I would but im not in a typical bind,
Im currently deployed so the wifi here is pretty crap. It also requires a web browser log in.
Not sure if the 3DS allows for that.

You're golden if you don't have Wifi so no GTS bug for you and then the 3D town Lumiose....
Just don't save there.

Robin64

Freaking A

Don't save in outdoors Lumiose City until you can download the patch.

Resilient

Im currently deployed so the wifi here is pretty crap. It also requires a web browser log in.

Just don't save in Luminoise City and you'll be fine. Then when you're able to dl the patch, dl it.

vareon

You can access the eShop that way (may take a few tries though). But I never succeeded playing online using that way as it always drops connection when I entered the game, requiring me to log in again.

Sendou

In that case: when you get to Lumiose City be careful about saving outside. Here's a picture with more detail:

ec1CRhZ.png

SuperSah

Banned
Fix the disconnect error whenever I leave the game/shut the 3DS or GTFO.
Thank you for fixing Luminous City, though <3

This is extremely annoying when you want to check the friends list.

New Leaf, Mario Kart etc. etc. don't do this, so why should Pokemon?

L~A

I have to admit, I'm surprised this patch was released that quickly... then I guess, it's already been two weeks since launch. Never encountered any of the glitches mentionned in the patches note, but I'm glad I'll never have to.

I have to admit, I'm surprised this patch was released that quickly...

Indeed. We had to wait a freaking 5 1/2 months to get the Mario Kart 7 patch back in 2011/2012.
Also, is it only the second Nintendo game patched on 3DS or are there others?

Robin64

Indeed. We had to wait a freaking 5 1/2 months to get the Mario Kart 7 patch back in 2011/2012.
Also, is it only the second Nintendo game patched on 3DS or are there others?

Kingdom Hearts, Style Savvy and Animal Crossing off the top of my head.

Robin64

What was AC's patch?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf 1.1 said:
- Fix crashes upon starting up the game
- Fix crashes after entering the police station
- Adds an update option on the main menu for further updates without going on eShop
- Fix the Jacob's Ladder glitch ; sometimes, when a Jacob's Ladder spawn, it overwrites a spot that is already occupied by anything that was there
- Fix the early arrival letters glitch after doing an island tour to prevent losing letters
- Some text correction
- Fix the duplication glitch
- Fix the wall-clip glitch inside a room
- Adds some more non-documented minor enhancements

The US and EU copies released late enough that we got the patch already on our carts.

Sendou

SMT IV was patched too. The reason why we waited for so long for Mario Kart 7 patch was because the system didn't support patching back then IIRC.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
So the GTS crashing was actually a bug? That's a bit of a relief, as I was only able to make a single trade on "seek". Downloading the patch now!

Caayn

3DS allows browser based login. I used it myself a couple of times during my holiday in America last summer. Just connect to the network like you normally would, and then start up the browser go to a random page and you should be automatically be redirected to the login page.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can you download the patch before playing the game? I've bought Pokemon Y for my daughter's Christmas present so it'd be simpler for me to download it in advance if possible (unless it will be noticable)

Caayn

can you download the patch before playing the game? I've bought Pokemon Y for my daughter's Christmas present so it'd be simpler for me to download it in advance if possible (unless it will be noticable)
Yes you can, just search for the Pokémon version you have in the eShop and the first result should be the update. After downloading it doesn't show up in the home menu, so your daughter shouldn't notice a single thing.

Just download the update, needed to download it twice as both version have their own update.

JoeM86

Think so, just scan the QR code I posted into the 3DS Camera app and it'll load it up for you

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So what purpose does the update button in game serve if you have to download the patch from the eShop?

Just tried (I don't have the game yet) and it works fine. 229 blocks on your SD card per version.

Ahhh that's brilliant! Hadn't encountered the Lumiose thing yet, but the GTS bug was driving me crazy, and I hadn't seen anyone else mention it so thought it was just me :(

Top Bottom