• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn: EA made Titanfall deal, only for one game, will work on PS4 later

V_Ben

Banned
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/395325209521029120

IJkje0R.png

Umm, you go EA.

Update 1;

tfxk6dwr.jpg

lYB49JZ.png

Well yeah, the sequel will come to PS4.

eot

Banned
They can't catch a break, get fucked by EA, run to Activision, get fucked by them, run back to EA...

Skeff

interesting to see an exclusivity deal and a developer using a sad face.

EDIT: Basically confirmed Titanfall 2 for PS4:

@AdanGarciaG Of course we will, just not the first Titanfall.

Bolded is my emphasis

Salz01

This does suck for them. Hopefully they get the money that came with the deal. I won't support it on xBone, but will play it on PC.

VariantX

EA "partners". Right. You'd think they'd talk that over with the people who own the damn IP first before making a decision like that.

Did you read that last response in that tweet? It looks like only the first Titanfall is exclusive to MS, according to Zampella. But, he could be wrong?

GameSeeker

EA didn't tell Respawn they were negotiating full exclusivity for Titanfall with Microsoft? Ouch! That hurts.

EA makes a strange business partner...

Eusis

Yeah... Fuck EA and Microsoft then. I'm not really against exclusives period, but I'd rather it be more for taking advantage of a system's unique strengths or as a matter of practicality, not some money hatting shit that isn't really done with those two in mind, doubly so when they're circumventing the original developer that's supposed to own the IP.

Will be funny if they find a loophole and abuse it though, like an updated version of the game.

Nokterian

Hi we are EA we make deals behind your back! Oh don't worry we let you know when we make a deal and you don't agree with!

Top Bottom