• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridiculous people you know. (So ridiculous they can't be real... but they are.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnby

I was telling a friend about a former coworker, and he found the stories very amusing. It made me realize just how strange this person is. Have you ever known someone who was so strange or ridiculous you thought they should or could be a fictional character?

Story 1

This person (let's call him Andy) I used to work with once brought boxes of red pens into the office. A few days later everyone was using them. Someone asked "where did these pens come from?" Andy responds "I went dumpster diving this weekend with my father. We found boxes of them in Staples' dumpster. Great find! Amirite?" We all threw our pens out.

Story 2

Andy is walking around the office with a GIANT glass of whole milk. It's huge. I swear it was a half a gallon. I said "wow Andy, that's a big glass of milk... Where do you find a glass that big". Andy responds "I found it"
"where?"
"I found it in another room. It was sitting by the window for weeks. No one claimed it so I took it"
This is when another coworker said "That 'cup' looks exactly like a vase I own..." The next day the coworker brought the vase in and sure enough it was exactly the same as the 'cup'.

Story 3

Our boss called a meeting to yell at the office about low moral. People were treating each other very poorly. Mostly because we were all miserable and hated our job. Boss says "I'm not asking that you all become best friends. I just want to you treat each other with respect." Andy, who called into the meeting responds on speaker phone with "What if you don't respect the people you work with?" Boss is speechless.

I have so many stories, but I'd like to hear your "Andy" stories.

Edit 1:

To all the Andy fans, you have no idea how amazing he truly is. I don't want to be mean, but honestly, he's a 3 at best, has a lisp, smells like old socks, and his normal walk looks like he is walking down hill. Yet he constantly hits on women in the office who are 8s, 9s, and even 10s. Any time there's a new women, Andy is guaranteed to hit on her. And he will do is so bluntly. One time, he spoke with a woman for about 20 minutes, found out she had a boyfriend, and at the end of the conversation said, "So, just how faithful are you to your boyfriend?" She replied, "VERY...". And without being phased, he said, "Ok, I'll see you later. Bye." Andy has grapefruits.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
hK7XUrK.jpg

Valhelm

contribute something
He took the time to find several unopened boxes of free pens and you threw them all out? Dick.

TheMan

the first story makes you all look like a bunch of assholes...he said the pens were still in the box when he found them. they were probably fine to use, especially since a place like office depot doesn't throw away tons of food or stuff that grows bacteria.

milk thing- ok weird.

respect thing- it was a dumb thing to admit, but hey, andy doesn't pull punches. after all, you fuckers threw out all those perfectly good pens.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I don't want to use expired pens!

I heard the ink in pens can become unstable and explode causing the loss of limbs. It's probably wise to never use a pen past its expiration date. I'm sure that's why the store threw them out.
Oddly enough, when stores do this, they never seem to restock the expired product. Weird.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The pen story was dumb, no reason to throw the pens out if they were working fine.

The milk vase and office moral ones had me rolling though, hahaha.

AlexBasch

A guy I deleted from Facebook a few days ago. Former coworker, he's 32 now and he was hitting on underage girls and tagging them on his Profile Photos.

Okay, I'm not sure if they were underage, but dude was creepy as fuck. Dunno why it took me so long.

EDIT: Why'd you throw the red pens?! ):

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
A week ago, a friend of mine tried to grate a salami over pasta.
I'm still wondering what the hell.

jts

...hate me...
So your co-worker is Dwight Schrute.

For me, it was this guy in university. He made a dent in everyone's lives with his wild stories. Unfortunately, he was a compulsive liar. From the top of my head he told that he was in New Orleans during the floods and was rescued by Sean Penn (btw, we live in europe). He could tell stories like that to everyone and keep a straight face.

ivysaur12

Banned
My stupid friend Ronald* who will proudly tell you that 17 members of his family went to my alma mater and that's how he got in. He also blew a .42 (or a "point Ronald") and lived, the "record" at our college town's local hospital.

Ronald is an idiot.

*not his name

EDIT: Ronald also was woken up at 8am by police after sleeping butt naked in a common room covered only by the pants the janitor had laid on top of his name blew a .18.

Ronald also was found one night in a bush after walking back from a bar by himself and blew a .35

Ronald is stupid. Also an engineer.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
That is awesome. Please tell me you witnessed this? What was the outcome?

Blood-ish, small chunks of meat and fat scarreted on the grate.
You just can't grate meat, it's not brittle enough.

Also a promise to engrave "I tried to grate salami" on his grave.

I don't see a huge problem with the pen thing.

The vase part is strange.

But the speakerphone tid bit was just plain stupid.

I think you got Karl Pilkington roaming your office OP:

I know one guy who buys into the "Obama is from Kenya" bit. I mean come on. Get over it.

I know another guy who thinks the raid on Pakistan to get Usama Bin Laden was fake and that he was already dead. C'mon.

I don't like it when people can't deal with reality.

braves01

Banned
I knew a kid in college who had a designer t-shirt that said "bukkake ruined my carpet" in big white letters that he would wear out in public, to lectures, to class, everywhere.

I knew a kid in college who had a designer t-shirt that said "bukkake ruined my carpet" in big white letters that he would wear out in public, to lectures, to class, everywhere.

that's awesome.

I would never wear a shirt like that, but I'm glad someone out there has the spunk to do it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
A former co-worker who ate a pound of sliced American cheese from the deli for lunch every day.

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh GOD.

My old payroll accountant.

Her entire office is decked out in purple and covered in pictures of space.

She has 14 cats with pictures of all of them (individually) on her desk.

She's allergic to everything but Del Taco.

She has 6 VCRs that she uses to record TV.

She showed up to our premiere party in traditional African regalia. She's white.

She hums and sings all the fucking time around the office.

aahhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh GOD.

My old payroll accountant.

Her entire office is decked out in purple and covered in pictures of space.

She has 14 cats with pictures of all of them (individually) on her desk.

She's allergic to everything but Del Taco.

She has 6 VCRs that she uses to record TV.

She showed up to our premiere party in traditional African regalia. She's white.

She hums and sings all the fucking time around the office.

aahhhhhhhhhhhh
Dolores Umbridge?

dentoomw

Probably not that odd but...

Had a friend when I was doing my graduate studies who claimed he always knew everyone. As in EVERYONE - bring up some obscure childhood friend or some bigshot rich guy in Saudi arabia and he'd be like "Oh yeah I know that guy. We had drinks once" or something or another.

At one point me and a few others decided to test him and started a conversation and mentioned several names we got out of an old history book (ie these people were long dead). Sure enough... "Oh yeah I know him." we had a good laugh at that.

TheBear

My stupid friend Ronald* who will proudly tell you that 17 members of his family went to my alma mater and that's how he got in. He also blew a .42 (or a "point Ronald") and lived, the "record" at our college town's local hospital.

Ronald is an idiot.

*not his name

EDIT: Ronald also was woken up at 8am by police after sleeping butt naked in a common room covered only by the pants the janitor had laid on top of his name blew a .18.

Ronald also was found one night in a bush after walking back from a bar by himself and blew a .35

Ronald is stupid. Also an engineer.

This guy sounds awesome what am I missing here?

I know this guy that asks you the same 5-10 questions on average 300-500 times a day.
I am in no way shape or form exaggerating. The questions are like "Do you remember that one?" and "How can I win the lottery?". Sometimes they are a different set of questions, but it's always the same 5 or 10 for that day and usually end up recurring days later. It's absolutely bizarre, because he does not have Alzheimer or anything, the guy is in his 30's and has been this way for years.

He also tries to finish every one of your sentences to the point that after about 20 minutes you become physically exhausted. And he doesn't just try to finish what you are saying he even tries to finish your answers to his questions. He even does this if you are trying to show him how to do something that he has never done before. I have never met, or even read about, anyone like him in my life.

Oh you wanna hear stories huh?

I used to know a girl named Bin. Let's call her that. Anyway, Bin is an ugly person inside and out. She's petty, backstabbing, gossipy, all the traits you see in a female villain but stuck in this pudgy, pear-shaped....thing.

Story number 1: Bin's birthday party was over. About six of us spend the night at her house because she had tons of room and her parents weren't home. When we all got up, I decided to cook breakfast. She and this dude she liked (or maybe he liked her? I dunno) were running around the house and he locked himself in her bedroom.

A minute later I heard a blood curdling scream. One of my others was by the bottom of the stairs, and she was staring at crusty, old bloody panties. I looked up, and Bin and the dude had the same shocked expression.

Apparently, the dude locked himself in her room for a sec, grabbed the first pair of panties sticking out of her chest (mind you, this is normal behavior between the two, so it's nothing special), and threw it down the stairs. For whatever reason, Bin keeps her dirty panties in the clean clothes hamper.

Thankfully, she went on to explain that it was her mother's underwear, that it was tomato juice, and she was going to wash it. Thankfully, nobody believed her, and we had a nickname for her.

(Her best friend says that's common place every time she goes over.)

The second story didn't have me there, sadly. She went over her friend's house and had to use the bathroom. Her friend specifically states that the bathroom upstairs is broken, and that she shouldn't use it.

Ignoring all logic, Bin heads upstairs and her friend doesn't notice. The pear girl drops a big long load in the toilet, in the sea monster category. Time to flush, but guess what?

It doesn't work! Who woulda thought, yeah? So damn, she's gotta get rid of this business, but the toilet doesn't work. She sees no other option than to pick up the large turd and try to wash it down the sink.

That doesn't work well. It's falling all over the place. So she runs downstairs (hands unwashed, probably), grabs some tongs and goes at it again. At this point, her friend knows what's going on and is just laughing her ass off.

Eventually, her hard work paid off, but damn is that girl nasty and stupid.

braves01

Banned
Ignoring all logic, Bin heads upstairs and her friend doesn't notice. The pear girl drops a big long load in the toilet, in the sea monster category. Time to flush, but guess what?

It doesn't work! Who woulda thought, yeah? So damn, she's gotta get rid of this business, but the toilet doesn't work. She sees no other option than to pick up the large turd and try to wash it down the sink.

That doesn't work well. It's falling all over the place. So she runs downstairs (hands unwashed, probably), grabs some tongs and goes at it again. At this point, her friend knows what's going on and is just laughing her ass off.

This is giving me bb.com vibes from that legendary thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom