• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIME (PS4, Sony/Tequilaworks) is using Unreal Engine 4

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Someone pointed this out and I noticed we never had a thread or even a post in the RIME thread mentioning it.

This matches up with the job postings that suggested it way back when.

I think this is the third PS4 game (after Daylight and Primal Carnage) we know of using it?

unrealengine4n0zcf.png

Source: https://twitter.com/tequilaworks/status/375350797372252160

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UHgrSnEpwfY

rime01_uhgrsnepwfyzwseo.gif

rime02_uhgrsnepwfyk2s0i.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing through Wind Waker HD right now and it's making me anticipate Rime even more. Seriously, it's one of the best looking PS4 games.

Squire

Banned
Unreal Engine 4 seems to not be suffering from "brown" syndrome. That's good.

Yeah, this and Epic's own game, Fortnite are quite colorful.

UE3 games were the same way though. Enslaved, Remember Me, Alice, Lollipop Chainsaw.

You can make a colorful game in UE3 just fine.

VanWinkle

I kind of wish they would go all out with this game and make it a full retail title. It pains me knowing that it will probably be pretty short considering it will be a PSN DD game.

Unreal engine 3 only had it because thats what developers chose their games to look like. Mirrors Edge was UE3...

Mirror's Edge used DICE's own lighting engine, which was the reason why it didn't look like 99% of UE3 games.

Rime looks great so hopefully this is a good sign for UE4. Here's hoping they also fixed the texture streaming.

Loudninja

I kind of wish they would go all out with this game and make it a full retail title. It pains me knowing that it will probably be pretty short knowing it will be a PSN DD game.
Being a retail game does not mean it would be a long game.

BF4 is like 3 hours! ;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I kind of wish they would go all out with this game and make it a full retail title. It pains me knowing that it will probably be pretty short considering it will be a PSN DD game.

nvm it read this wrong.

It can be long, some DD are longer than retail games these days.

-PXG-

Once again, people confusing graphics engines and development tools with art direction. Why am I not surprised.

UE based games are some of the easiest to tweak and config on PC. They look and perform very well.

Being a retail game does not mean it would be a long game.

BF4 is like 3 hours! ;)

Yeah, take Platinum games for example. MadWorld was only like 3 hours long.

And Rime being DD doesn't necessarily mean it will be short or a small-time game. It's a different ballgame now than from 5 years ago in terms of downloadables.

-PXG-

These rocks are fucking beautiful.

Next gen will be a battle of beautiful rocks.

Mark my words.

This is the only game that makes me mad that I won't be buying a Xbox One any time soon. I really want this. Once MS lowers the price and ditches Kinect, this will be mine. In the mean time, I'm praying for a PC or PS4 port.

Top Bottom