• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody on GAF a heroin user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
I'm curious about users of this drug. I'm around people who use it often but it's hard to tell who is on it. Not the kind of thing you ask questions about either. Is anybody on gaf a 'junkie' or an exjunkie? Can we talk about it? Why you started, what it felt like, etc?

Amirox? (._.)

KuGsj.gif

Damn, folks, be careful out there. Too easy to get addicted and too easy to overdose.

Amir0x has DONE everything, including crack. I don't think he was ever a heroin junkie, though. His drugs of choice have been oxycontin, ecstasy, and whatever the fuck is in cough syrup pills, all of which he has expounded upon at length. (May be others, but those are the ones I've seen.)

The classic.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Other forums I peruse have active heroin users. Interesting thought processes going on there. Especially with new users journaling their beginnings with the drug.

kurbaan

Banned
I'm curious about users of this drug. I'm around people who use it often but it's hard to tell who is on it. Not the kind of thing you ask questions about either. Is anybody on gaf a 'junkie' or an exjunkie? Can we talk about it? Why you started, what it felt like, etc?

Why you planning to have an opium orgy? Since plain old orgies are just to vanilla for you now?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't understand how people become heroin users. People that I know that do a bunch of other drugs are way too scared of that shit.

Did it affect your social or family life? Like was it something you were open about with people?

My cousin was a dope boy, and he gave me a "candle night dinner" so no, after those few times it was done. Nobody knows about it except a random Internet forum haha.

Just one of those things, I want to try Ayahausca, that's on my list.

NinjaBoiX

I don't understand how people become heroin users. People that I know that do a bunch of other drugs are way too scared of that shit.
Yeah, I've never followed the train of thought that if you smoke weed, you're bound to end up shooting heroin sooner or later.

Um no, really not.

Does Oxy count? I was a pretty heavy user, had to go to rehab twice before kicking it. Clean for 4 years now.

Was a disgusting person when i used, stole from family and friends, i will never be that person again.

Yeah, I've never followed the train of thought that if you smoke weed, you're bound to end up shooting heroin sooner or later.

Um no, really not.

I started out by shooting up, everything was going well, I was thin and looked good. and now I'm a lazy pot smoker that plays video games and eat doritos all day.

My uncle does heroin and hes an insane alcoholic
Hes had alcohol poisoning several times and he had a crapbag
Had to flee back to mexico after getting caught doing heroin in the car

Jburton

Banned
What was the name of the English or Scottish poster that was always on about drink and drugs?

Haven't seen him on here in a while.

Zoolader

Does Oxy count? I was a pretty heavy user, had to go to rehab twice before kicking it. Clean for 4 years now.

Was a disgusting person when i used, stole from family and friends, i will never be that person again.

I would say so since many new heroin users are coming from pain pill addictions because they find heroin much cheaper and easier to obtain. Also withdrawals are the same as other opiate addictions. My on and off ex was using oxycodone or blues for years and eventually began shooting them up with a needle... Long story there.

Years ago, I made a random promise to some guy I had just met that I would never touch it*. Was a promise to myself more than anything else. I've tried everything else I've come across, and I know enough about myself to figure I really wouldn't be able to handle it.

* I was high at the time.

Does Tom Bishell post on Gaf? If so: he had one according to his own admission in Extra Lives (book, not the online show).

Also: recreational use of drugs, including a hard drug like heroin, is far more common than you think or would even believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom