• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu Suzuki to hold Shenmue post-mortem at GDC 2014; Cerny to translate

Xater

For March's Game Developers Conference 2014, we're announcing one of the most exciting game postmortems yet.

Yu Suzuki, the influential Japanese game designer famously known for his work at Sega, will be delivering a Classic Game Postmortem on the iconic Dreamcast game Shenmue. Mark Cerny, game designer and lead system architect for PlayStation 4 will be on-hand to translate Suzuki's presentation into English for the audience.

Suzuki, currently president of his own studio YsNet, will talk for the very first time about the creation of the console classic Shenmue. Beginning with the origin of the title as a Virtua Fighter-based RPG on the Sega Saturn, he will take the audience through the long journey of the game that led to its ultimate release in 1999 on the Sega Dreamcast.

This is an hour-long session - we'll have more scheduling details about the talk as GDC gets closer, but we figure a lot of you would like to get this on your radar! If you can't make it to GDC, be sure to watch the session livestreamed on GameSpot.

Source: http://www.gdconf.com/news/yu_suzuki_revisits_shenmue_in_.html

Exciting! I love these post mortems and this could be really interesting.

BaAaVBiCEAERdAn.jpg:large

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Really looking forward to the last few minutes of their talk where they eventually announce they're looking to fund the third one.

scsa

Did I just read
"This is an hour-long session - we'll have more scheduling details about the talk as GDC gets closer, but we figure a lot of you would like to get this in your tubs!"

Okay, too much time spent on the forum.

Seriously though, Sounds like a great event!
Can't wait for the resurrection of Shenmue, if there ever is one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I'll listen to Cerny's stupid ass for this.

They're going to announce Shenmue 3 as a megaton at the end. I'm telling you. Him and Cerny are best buds. Adam Boyes said the biggest request they've been getting for new games is Shenmue 3 and Yakuza.

It's going to happen.

Arkanius

If Shenmue 3 gets announced for the PS4 I'll forever forgive Sony for killing the Dreamcast and leave the Microsoft sinking ship

I'm definitely looking forward to this. Should be very interesting. I still have never had a game captivate me and move me like Shenmue did, even considering all of the flaws. I even have a special place in my heart for the voice acting.

bjork

The story will be interesting, for sure. But I hope it ends with a confirmation of Shenmue 3 either not happening or happening, once and for all.

Xater

The story will be interesting, for sure. But I hope it ends with a confirmation of Shenmue 3 either not happening or happening, once and for all.

Come on son, we all know the dream is long dead. If there ever was a chance it would have been after the Xbox release of Shenmue 2.

Top Bottom