• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew House: PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1, 700K in EU/AU

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Via PS Awards stream just now.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps-awards/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/03/ps4-global-sales-update/

In what is shaping up to be a historic year for gamers, I’m delighted to share an important new milestone with you. PS4’s North American debut on November 15th was PlayStation’s largest ever, with more than one million gamers picking up a PS4 in just 24 hours. Now, with PS4’s global launch expanding to a total of 32 countries worldwide, including Europe and Latin America, I’m proud to announce that more than 2.1 million PS4s have been sold.

It’s an impressive and record-setting accomplishment for our company and for our industry, and we couldn’t have done it without you. I want to personally thank PlayStation fans, both old and new, for your vote of confidence. The best part: the PS4 journey has just begun. In addition to an incredible lineup of PS4 games from the best developers in the world, we will continue to introduce valuable new features and services to PS4 in the months and years ahead.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/131203b_e.pdf

"Tokyo, December 3, 2013 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that cumulative sell through for the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system
worldwide has surpassed 2.1 million units*1 as of December 1, 2013. The number includes the 700,000 units sold through in Europe and Australasia launching on November 29. The PS4 system became available on November 15 in the United States and Canada and on November 29 in Europe, Australasia and Latin America and is now available in 32 countries globally.

H8AdX5t.gif

About what I expected. I hope you enjoyed those "Xbox One dominates Black Friday" stories, MS. Last good news for a while.

WHOA! Isn't that just a bit less than half of Wii U's WW LTD?

2.1 million in about 2.5 weeks. o_O!

THEY STILL HAVEN'T LAUNCHED IN ASIA!!!

WTF!

UNCMark

Banned
Nice. So if we believe Pachter that they've been manufacturing a million a month since September, restocks should be coming in time for Christmas in all regions. I've been asked by a relative to find one if I can, but it's been impossible to so far (because I refused to leave Thanksgiving early and wait in a line at Wal Mart).

About what I expected. I hope you enjoyed those "Xbox One dominates Black Friday" stories, MS. Last good news for a while.

LOL! The thread got locked while I was providing numbers. With what that "study" suggested, there were 1,500 console sold. Lets do the math accordingly then:

Xbox One sold 465 Units.
Xbox 360 sold 450 Units.
Playstation 3 sold 225 Units.
Playstation 4 sold 225 Units.
Wii U sold 90 Units.
Wii sold 15 Units.

I guess Xbox One sold 240 more units than Playstation 4 on Black Friday on a day where PS4 was sold out?

Xbox One - Playstation Zero!!!111!!

SparkTR

Did they say the split between regions? I was expecting the EU to dramatically outsell the US, but the US accounts for half of that.

Top Bottom