• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie announces Destiny launch date: September 9th, 2014 (beta also delayed)

salromano

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/12/06/destiny-gets-a-release-date.aspx

Humanity's distant future might be bleak, but next fall is looking a whole lot better. Bungie has given Destiny a release date, along with a rough timeline on when we'll be playing in the beta.

Mark your calendars for September 9, 2014. That's when Bungie and Activision will be unleashing its multiplayer online shooter worldwide.

Additionally, the studio says that fans can expect the beta to take place during the summer. Spend your days at the pool (or work) and your nights roaming the solar system.

You can win access to the Destiny beta twice more before our month of coverage ends (on Tuesday, December 10 and Thursday, December 12). For more on Destiny, check out our coverage hub.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
release_date_article.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Launch-Date/en/News/News?aid=11318

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ba13btACIAAVQ46.jpg:large

"There should be a stage in every product where the ludicrous is thought possible, where the team blazes trails right to the edge of the abyss in a hundred directions. Only through great risks are great things truly achieved."

Destiny has always represented a new beginning for our team. It was born from brave possibilities. We dreamed of a renewed and independent Bungie. We found partners willing to bet big on some crazy new ideas with us.

We first shared the design pillars of Destiny less than one year ago. We promised to redefine what players should expect from a Bungie game. We said we wanted to change the way people play games together. We set our bar high. For us, Destiny represents a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Since then, Destiny has continued to reveal its promise. Every new build brings us closer to our original vision. With those goals in sight, we intend to use every moment from now until the release of the game to ensure that Destiny lives up to your expectations, and our own.

Today, in partnership with Activision, we are proud to announce that the worldwide launch of Destiny will happen on September 9th. Accordingly, the Destiny Beta will kick off in the summer of 2014, available first on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

The early support and enthusiasm for Destiny has been inspiring and humbling. We believe this is the right decision for our game, our studio, and our passionate community. Thank you for coming along with us on this adventure.

See you starside.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What! What happened to Spring 2014? :-(

Oh well, still hyped as hell.

Probably smart to push for the holiday instead of battle with Titan Fall in the spring.

Have they confirmed whether or not progress made in the beta will carry over into the real game?

Take all the time you need Bungie you only got one shot at it. Also they seem to like the month of September for releases. Pretty much 3, ODST, and Reach were all in September.

Looking forward to the game (although I was hoping for a sooner release).

But 9/9 still makes me think of 9/9/99...what a day that was. Good way to celebrate DC turning 15?

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
damn too far but at least its not in november.

PG2G

Damn, that's a long ass time. Might go head to head with Halo 5? Hopefully that one comes out in November.

I have a bad feeling PS4 first half of 2014 will be quite dry now. There is nothing else apart from Infamous and Ground Zeroes (that is a ''demo'' anyway). I know there is Driveclub but I don't care about racing games :(.

Unless I am forgetting something that is.

3/Reach/ODST was in Sept, if I recall

Still, WTF happen to that rumor of Spring. Even the Beta isn't until Summer.

Bungie pls

Top Bottom