• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tvii update out now - 12/24/2013

That remote seems to be the same from the update(unless i didnt look hard enough), before this one. Still, better than the original. Things definitely seem smoother, but it still has a ways to go.

I hope they continue to optimize it, making it more pleasant to use.

Don't suppose you can watch cable on the GamePad can you? HUGE missed opportunity if not. Surely it can be done if the console is even able to interact with your cable.

Cbajd5

Don't suppose you can watch cable on the GamePad can you? HUGE missed opportunity if not. Surely it can be done if the console is even able to interact with your cable.

It doesn't interact with your cable, it can just change the input on your TV to the one that'll display your cable connection or whatever. The gamepad can control your TV/Cable Box because it's a IR remote too.

wsippel

Banned
You can't, because the Wii U doesn't interact with your cable. It's just remote controlling the cable box - a low speed, one way connection via infrared. It can't actually access the feed, which means it obviously can't stream or record it or do anything else with it.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
YVvLhcJ.png

ROFL

Yep. Nintendo couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. I simply don't believe anything they say regarding deadlines. They simple are unable to deliver.

Iwata. Please go.

wsippel

Banned
Yep. Nintendo couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. I simply don't believe anything they say regarding deadlines. They simple are unable to deliver.

Iwata. Please go.
The whole TVii thing is a US initiative, Iwata has little to do with any of it. It's also 3rd party. If i.TV doesn't have the infrastructure for Europe in place, Nintendo can't use it.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Complaining about the lack of TVii in your region? That's cute - try not having eShop in yours, then we'll talk.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Number of times I've used it since I got my Wii U on launch day: 1
Number of times I see myself ever using it again: 0

Don't worry Europeans, you're not missing anything.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

It's just annoying that there's a useless icon on the screen.

GoaThief

The whole TVii thing is a US initiative, Iwata has little to do with any of it. It's also 3rd party. If i.TV doesn't have the infrastructure for Europe in place, Nintendo can't use it.
Is it any wonder Wii U sales are very poor in places like the UK? Terrible support, broken promises and overpriced.

Nintendo obviously felt the need to include it as standard, built into the OS no less so ultimately the onus is on them. They are the ones pushing non functioning software down their customers' throats. Not like they're short on cash either so could have thrown a little extra incentive to deliver.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is it any wonder Wii U sales are very poor in places like the UK? Terrible support, broken promises and overpriced.

Nintendo obviously felt the need to include it as standard, built into the OS no less so ultimately the onus is on them. They are the ones pushing non functioning software down their customers' throats. Not like they're short on cash either so could have thrown a little extra incentive to deliver.
I doubt the lack of TVii is responsible for the lack of sales in the UK.

Nekofrog

Banned

In contracting out, there should have been explicit language in said contract "feature x will be delivered by date y or a breach of contract will occur, in which legal and/or punitive action will be taken". It is Nintendo's fault.

I doubt the lack of TVii is responsible for the lack of sales in the UK.

Read his actual post. It isn't due to TVii, it is due to the example that TVii sets forth. Nintendo puts in minimal effort, doesn't care, and outright lies about its features.

Exile20

So basically you have no clue about it and advising people?
Good job

Lkr

have any of you guys played with the sports features? is it NFL only or does it also work in the bowl games?

Top Bottom