• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some games journalist has an interesting way of information gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFkFKJf.png

Just saw this starting to kick off on Twitter.

Laralyn McWilliams from "The Workshop" posting on Twitter what her friend received from some Journo from a "reasonably well known" site apparently.

George Broussard saying she should name and shame and offering to do it. All kicking off.

My mind is blown. How could any journo think talking like this could be a good idea?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I can only wait for detective gaf to find out who this is.

OT: Pretty disgusting, she explained in one of her other tweets that she can't exactly tell him to "fuck off" as he might be covering her game one day. Personally I think she should just name and shame straight away, this kind of stuff is just sick. Even as a horny teenager I don't do this shit.

also :lol at "hope you have a great Sunday!"

edit: brings a whole new meaning to "press sneak fucks"

Cardon

Now I'm back in one of those moods in which I'm ashamed to be part of the game journo/blogger world when fools are acting like this. Good grief to the max.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Pretty sure that count as sexual harrasment.
And from a well known site? When this thing got blown, somebody going to get fired

I don't know if I'd consider this person a "journalist". I mean "The Workshop", whatever that is, doesn't even come up on the first page (or second...but I'm not going to keep looking) if you google "The Workshop", which leads me to believe it's not a very reputable publication. I guess anyone can write some crap on the internet and call themselves a "journalist", but the days of "games journalism" are long gone.

Baha

Name and shame, nothing is going to change if people aren't called out publicly for this kind of behavior.

ultron87

Pathetic.

And considering this is borderline sexual harassment just name the lame idiot.

Borderline?

Upon reading it I just assumed that these had to be people who knew each other on a personal level already and had a relationship where such talking was accepted. It is insane that that isn't the case. Name that name and get the creep out.

snap0212

First thing that should have happened is her telling him that he's crossing boundaries here. It's definitely weird and all kinds of creepy but maybe this guy is just really into her and has no idea how to act properly. Let him know that where he's going is definitely the wrong way.

Baleoce

The fact she didn't instantly block him after a comment like that is more curious to me.

I would've stopped the conversation right then and there.

Zia

Um, I doubt that he actually contributes to a high-profile site in any meaningful way, but wow. Absolutely no reason not to throw him to the wolves.

Sneds

First thing that should have happened is her telling him that he's crossing boundaries here. It's definitely weird and all kinds of creepy but maybe this guy is just really into her and has no idea how to act properly. Let him know that where he's going is definitely the wrong way.

He should already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom