• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku PS4 Debut Teased by Project DIVA Series Lead

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/01...me-on-ps4-teased-by-project-diva-series-lead/

"Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Series Lead Director Hiroshi Utsumi was at the Taipei Game Show today, and he was asked a few questions coming by the Taiwanese industry press. As part of the answers, reported by Gamer, there were a couple that directly hinted to a possible debut on PS4 of the popular virtual diva.

A journalist asked Utsumi-san if the touch slider included in Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone was implemented in Project DIVA F 2nd, and the answer demonstrated that he already has the PS4 in mind:

Not at this time, but since there’s a touch pad on the front of the controller of the PS4, it would be interesting.

Utsumi-san was then asked directly if the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA series will be available in the future on PS4:

First of all we could make a sequel of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd. Preparations could go in various ways, but the challenge is how to differentiate three separate platforms. At the moment we haven’t decided about a port of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd, but seeing the PS4 exhibited here now I feel the motivation (laughs).

As usual, since no official announcement has been made yet by Sega, we should take this with a pinch of salt, but Utsumi-san definitely seems to consider a debut of the series on Sony’s new console as a solid possibility.

I can definitely see how a Project DIVA game could be successful on PS4, not only due to the DualShock 4, but also because of the livestreaming features built in the console, that would fit a rhythm game like a glove."

I really hope this is 60FPS, playing the PS3 game at 30FPS just didnt feel right

chrono01

ibnAt1k8OwjyVD.gif

Toki767

Maybe for people who want to buy it there? Shocker, I know!
They could probably import it for a cheaper price than they'd have to pay in Japan. Plus no region locking this time means they only have to worry about the system having Japanese language support.

Sandfox

It's kinda interesting that he is already thinking about the PS4 when you consider the success of the series on handhelds.

Could it just be a new theater thing for F2 like the psp games had on ps3?

xRiQaY1.gif

Seriously, don't do that. I like the Miku games, but I steer clear of the aesthetic of the PD Arcade or Dreamy Theater stuff that looks like real dolls come to life. The moment that pollutes the regular games, it's all over.

tbm24

Do these games come to the west? What kind of music games are they? I'm fairly into music games that test my reflexes. Not sure what to make of this series.

Yeah, taking the current style and making it better seems like a superior choice to me.

i second this .

-------

Overall this "news" doesn't surprise me at all . in fact i'd rather have a touchpad than the analog stick for the star notes, it will make it almost on par with the easiness of play that the vita has.

Regardless be in on ps3, vita or ps4 , i will buy their next game because i want more miku.

Top Bottom