• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall Beta not open: Invite waves & codes required, staggered to avoid implosion

RulkezX

Update 2

http://www.titanfall.com/beta

Update

Sign ups open 6pm PST (2am UK time) site and details will be announced via Twitter etc shortly before this.

@VinceZampella: Tonight at 6pm PST there will be a website to sign up for #titanfall beta access. The website will be announced shortly before 6.

------------------------------- Old info below no longer relevant -----------------------------

Doesn't look like we are getting an open beta after all.

Also confirmed they can't announce date until they go through certification and that there will be no locking on the use of game DVR.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I really hate having to jump through hoops to get in, but I do want to see this very badly. Keeping an eagle eye out for the signup link.

Jawmuncher

WTH this Beta just seems to be a mess with all the misinformation.
Would have thought a open beta would be in their best interest. Gets it into more people's hand especially considering how close it is to release. Seems they're hoping for a COD4 beta word of mouth thing to happen.

RulkezX

I don't understand the "doing it in waves to make sure it works".

This is MS's big game, their network is more than capable of handling the numbers that BF and CoD throw at it, so Titanfall should be a breeze.

They should make playing BF4 a means to have access. I mean, it'll be better than getting a shitty little battlepack every day in the month of february, that much is certain.

edit: ^hah, great minds think alike.

Bsigg12

I kind of figured it would be this way since they had never stated "open beta". I'll be watching their site to see when registration opens.

E92 M3

I'll do whatever it takes.

VAidvUN.gif

Dabanton

I hope people who pre ordered get in..

Well played to Respawn though as we know this creates a rush of demand for people who have to wait to get in.

cripterion

As a salty owner of BF4 premium on pc + Xbox one gathering dust i demand beta access! Will record youtube video if needed! Lol

thefit

Did they change their minds on the matter? For the past few days when I logged into Origin an advert to pre-order Titanfall was coming up in the main page and it was worded in a way that it sounded like you would be guaranteed beta access ala BF4 but its gone now instead it brings up a Sims game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting really pumped for Titanfall. It hasn't felt "real" until this week. Now that I can actually see it on the horizon its much different than when it was just this thing off in the distant future.

God dammit. I want in so bad. I went to gamestop the other day and pre-ordered just because I thought that would get me a code.

Respawn has been terrible with communication about this beta. All the info is drip fed through responses on Twitter, it's the oddest thing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Respawn has been terrible with communication about this beta. All the info is drip fed through responses on Twitter, it's the oddest thing.

It sounds like they're waiting for the beta build to pass EA cert first before giving more information. A notion I find hilarious as where the fuck was this cert before Battlefield 4 got released ?

Damn would be pretty disappointed if I can't get in, since I need to know what pings I can be expecting before deciding on whether to buy the game.

Dabanton

I think it's because they're trying to be active through Twitter,insta. Now they've had their press event maybe they'll give us an info drop.

But I'm happy they at least answer twitter questions when they can.

Etnos

Banned

Yeah, How hard is to make a press communicate lying down the points clearly ? Do it right or don't say anything, this drip fed is lame.

RulkezX

Is there a sign-up for the beta yet?

Nope. It's kinda weird , he'll answer questions on Twitter, saying it's not open, codes will eb required etc, yet a couple of days ago he is replying to doubters telling them to try the Beta ,implying it would be open to anyone who wanted it.

the tiered stress testing worked great for SimCity!

But TF is being run on XBL/Azure , so it shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom