• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Res Confirmed: Sub-720p (PS3/360), 720p (XB1), 1080p (PS4)

oETQdyI.png

Note: I know this doesn't mean the PS3/360 version is 720p, it might be lower resolution.

Comparison Screens (PS3/PS4)

Comparison Screens (X360/Xbone)

Comparison GIF

d0oAQH7.jpg

dlixctm.jpg

QxJ2OO2.jpg

SdCqbIA.jpg

More comparisons from here

720p me if old.

Xbone/360 barely look any different.

Glad to hear PS4 isn't being held back by any weak platforms though. I look forward to buying this used.

In all honesty, was anyone in their right minds thinking "Dude, gonna get me dat X1 to play me some Metal Gear"? Sure, it's available for the system but it was pretty obvious that PS was the leading brand. I wouldn't be surprised if PS3 vs 360 also gave the lead to PS3.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I aint even mad - so much for ppl in the industry still doubting the PS4s superior hardware, time to wake up.

wut...

thought X1 version would be 900p-ish...

welp, gimme dat 1080p 60fps goodness! :p

*commence the shahid kamal tweet pic...

Amir0x

Banned
It's the tools, don't worry, any day now.

Seriously though, I thought it'd at least be 900p. Guess 60fps was the more important ideal there.

Eusis

Focusing on cross gen comparisons rather than cross platform? That seems like a smarter way to handle it politically at least, though I do imagine Microsoft didn't really wanted the lower resolution advertised for XB1.

Warewolf

That Fox Engine! The last-gen versions still look damn solid. The difference between the surface shaders on the ground in that PS3/4 comparison blows me away a little bit.

Crossgen comparisons rather than cross platform? That seems like a smarter way to handle it politically at least, though I do imagine Microsoft didn't really wanted the lower resolution advertised for XB1.

Microsoft didn't want a lot of things to happen, Sam. But they did.

Last gen still looks pretty good. Or does current gen look bad.. IDK still buying it day one.

I'm sure the difference in motion is night and day though.

Games will always look or run better on the PS4. If they don't it's because that game isn't pushing hardware(like a 2d platformer) or the developers intentionally held it back.

Baust

Wasn't there suppose to be a comparison video up soon as well?

EDIT: Official site says "comparison video will be published at a later date."

Zabant

Guys, MGS has always been a cut-scene heavy series so the cinematic nature of 30fps should suit it much better.

danielcw

What exactly do they mean by "scaling internally"?

in engine? system's hardware scaler?

What would be the real internal resolution?

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer. Despite then length of the game I hope I can pick it up later on the PS4, curious to try it out but I wonder how much I'll have to wait for a lower price since I might not get it day one on my PS4.

As for the resolution I can't say I'm surprised, I just hope everyone can have fun with the game. ;)

Top Bottom