• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall retail screencaps (XB1) show 792p resolution? CBoaT ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
UPDATE:
Taking an otherwise exemplary track record into account...

720p = 72 hr ban seems fair.

A while ago, our resident insider CBoaT had this to say:

Before Beta:

cboat said:
Tintnfall - 16 maaps fo laucnh, bxone alph a textures ARE fin@l assets #1
wha it says in the tile. PC rev wil hva impve textures n thatsit. n0 wrd on blupint/360 sku yet, stil trying. Wil update sa see fit.

duelin leakrs!11!! or wokng together?! ITISAMYSTEY

After beta was 792p and better textures than alpha:

cboat said:
720 as wel , 792? no.

stick in toMy gun s on alpha texture POSTi mad be4, btway
s

Finally bishoptl had this to say regarding CBoaT:

bishoptl said:
Sorry, but the texture thing sticks in my craw as something incredibly stupid, considering we just saw the beta textures and there was a visual upgrade. We can reopen this conversation when Titanfall is released and proper comparisons can be performed.

720p and Party Chat may not be enough to save this account from the banstick.

And now, we have some retail screencaps to see how CBoaT's info holds up. These shots were posted by sti4thewin in the official Titanfall thread of the final game:

Okay some Xbox One direct feed shots. LOVE THIS GAME.

JS7kbxb.jpg

so3x9yI.jpg

pHRAk5O.jpg

9MrkkXk.jpg

Couple more Xbone

H0vpXl1.jpg

li7C2BB.jpg

Those in turn were posted at Beyond3D for analysis. What they're seeing:

AINets said:
Same stuff. 792p 2XAA.

Anyone else want to confirm the pixels? Textures don't seem like the alpha version to me.

Godspeed, CBoaT.

edit: here's 150 pics from the PC retail version of TF: http://imgur.com/a/SodOi

Chobel

Jesus! The screenshots look really bad. I really hope that's because of the video compression.

R.I.P cboat.

Soulflarz

Banned
CBOAT has never been perfect. His are leaks. Not constantly confirmed. He's still relatively reliable. I prefer his leaks rather than no leaks from him.

But yes. He messes up a decent bit >.<
Dont rely so heavily on everything he says?

Orayn

The ass storm continues.

ibgLSGWXfV5iQV.gif

On topic: Wasn't sure whether to expect a resolution upgrade at all, to be quite honest. Not really any of my concern, though, since I'll go PC when I do wind up getting the game.

Dibbz

Considering he got so many leaks right, isn't it a bit harsh to ban him for getting one thing wrong?

Smash88

Banned
Honestly...? People are willing to ban CBoat over 72p? Is this real life?

Also after playing the PC version of Titanfall, this is just plain fugly for what is considered a "next-gen" console.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well, duh. I didn't believe it was going to be upgraded to 900p despite it tearing and dropping into the 30s.

I didn't think it is just one time? This is the biggest wrong he has claimed either way. I agree with the post above as well, insiders are meant to be right. Have no opinion on whether a ban is needed, but from a long time lurking and seeing his posts, more and more errors have been creeping up. They probably found him/her by throwing out false information.

Either way, I cannot wait for this game!

MCD

The guy messed up one time, and people want his blood now ...?

It's not that he messed up or they want his blood. It's because he betted against Respawn devs not once, but twice on the resolution and alpha textures.

I trusted his usual pre E3 leaks but I dunno why he insisted on the res and worse yet the alpha textures being final.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So fucking up once outweighs everytime he's been right?

I dunno, he was very, very adamant about being right this time. He confirmed it twice, despite Respawn denying it in the very same thread.

There was no "hey things might change at a later date" thing, he was totally sure about the res/textures.

I don't want CBoaT banned either, but things aren't looking good. :(

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really wish they had been able to hit 1080p @ 60fps on this title. Especially considering the graphical fidelity.

Really the only reason I am not picking this up for my Xbox One.

Holding out hope that a PS4 sequel in the future, (and hopefully the XBO version as well) run @1080p 60fps and enhanced fidelity.

For now, I am preloaded and ready to go on PC.

I don't want cboat to be banned for this, but whatever the mods decide, they decide. On the discussion of the screenshots all I have to say that Titanfall is one ugly game.

I had no problem with his rumors/leaks/whatever, only the cult of posters who constantly poison discussion with "ass storm" bullshit in every single fucking thread.

PerZona

792p or 720p, those screenshots still look BAD. Even playing the PC beta the graphics look way way better than these. Screenshots probably due to it's compression or something, but still =/

FTF

I really hope CBoat doesn't get banned…yeah, he's been wrong a few times but it's not like we have anything better as far as a possible good insider goes.

Also, those screen shots look pretty bad :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom