• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird wireless issues

Aurizen

I have a weird issue with my connection. My internet speed is suppose to be 50Mbps. on wireless it isn't 50mbps I get 20-23. when plugged into the modem or router I get the full speed. I also tried the speed test on other computers and my phone and it seems to give me the same 20-23 mbps. My router is a Linksys E3200 router it can go up to 300 mpbs. Anyone know of a way that can give me my full speed?

I'm seeing over a 50% decrease from the speeds I get from wired to wireless. I cant go wired because I'm far from the router. Homeplug doesn't work well enough. I think its an issue with some connection...

Also I've done numerous tests with the help of a friend by changing the wireless channels changing the Channel Width from 20, the signal. I have no idea what is the issue. the connection is only wireless N only..... Someone HALP!!

I should add even when I'm in front of the router the speed stays the same at 20-something Mbps. I'm lost I tried everything. I'm in no position to spend money on another router.

e1bb2d28873ec62ab40b1f6d1aae8009.png

This is my current settings for my router, I really cant afford another router I hope this issue can be fixed software based.

Top Bottom