• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi (Castlevania) Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC talk

V_Ben

Banned
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17/castlevania-producer-koji-igarashi-leaves-konami

Koji Igarashi, best known for his work on Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, has left Konami. His last day at the Japanese developer was Saturday, March 15.

The producer departed the studio with intent to open a new development studio.

"I've decided to break out on my own to have the freedom to make the kind of games I really want to make -- the same kind I think fans of my past games want as well," Igarashi told IGN. "Leaving Konami was a big decision, and not one I took lightly – I’ve spent my entire career there, made many friends, and had a lot of great opportunities – but I hope all the gamers and fans who have supported me in the past will join me in being excited about what comes next. Wish me luck!”

Time to Kickstarter?

// Mod Edit:

He's doing a Metroidvania GDC talk this week in case it wasn't obvious what he was doing next.

entremet

Great! That means more games from him.

Man, the old Japanese publishers are really having a hard time keeping talent.

You know Kojima wants to leave and do creative stuff, but I'm sure the big bucks and budgets he gets from Konami are tempting mistresses. But then it's only Metal Gear for him.

Retro

Fantastic news, no more IGAVanias, and MercurySteam is done making LoS games. Maybe now we can get this series back on track.

emb

Sounds good. Not sure what Konami's had him doing but if he's making games that 'fans of his past games' want, that probably means I should be excited.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Good. Konami clearly had no interest in doing anything besides squandering their franchises.

Can't wait for Mighty Vampire 9, starting Lichtel Bermond.

injurai

Banned
Yes!!! Now he just needs to work with Inti Creates and Comcept and create his own spiritual successor to his Igavanias.

Gaogaogao

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Good luck, Koji Igarashi

Top Bottom