• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega 3D Classics #11: Out Run is coming!

btn_main11.jpg

Huge thanks to deathcobra and @brawndwarf in the Nintendo Downloads - March 2014 thread for the find!

Main 3D Classics site just redirects to the Fantasy Zone page:

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/fz/

About time! :D

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
HERE we go.

We all knew it was coming, but man am I glad to see it confirmed. Will buy immediately.

Also, it's kinda nice to know that I don't have to go and buy the Saturn version of Outrun (for the 60fps, which apparently isn't even done properly) anymore. I can just get this, because I know it'll be the best version out there.

Trying to find the site by toying with the urls. No luck.

Tried replacing the game names (Fantasy Zone uses "fz") with names like "or", "out", "run", "orun", "or1", nada. All I get are 404's.

HUELEN10

Come to the USA, for the love of god COME OUT IN THE STATES!

Have any of the 3D SEGA projects not come stateside so far!?!? I don't want to get hyped and have my dreams get crushed...

Danny Dudekisser

Have any of the 3D SEGA projects not come stateside so far!?!? I don't want to get hyped and have my dreams get crushed...

All the "series 1" 3D classics came out in the States. The second series, which includes this, Fantasy Zone, and After Burner II so far, has yet to come out stateside. But keep in mind that it was several months between the Japanese releases of that first batch of 3D classics and their stateside release.

Glancing at the sales charts back around December, it looked like the games were doing pretty well, and considering that there's no real translation work to be done... I don't see why we would even be concerned about it not coming here.

Can't wait for this to come to the states. It will be great to finally be able to beat this game, I took far too many quarters from my parents trying to do so when I was little.

The second season (Afterburner 2, Fantasy Zone, and this) haven't made it yet, but I'm confident they will. :)

Also, I'm sure this will be the Ferrari-less version due to them likely no longer having the license, and versions/assets exist already for that, I believe the Arcade version in Shenmue (2?) uses the one without Ferrari.

Danny Dudekisser

Can't wait for this to come to the states. It will be great to finally be able to beat this game, I took far too many quarters from my parents trying to do so when I was little.

Outrun is my official favorite game I played at Pizza Hut as a kid. They didn't have a sit-down cabinet or anything, but it didn't matter. I loved this shit.

As a result, it's one of those games that I feel is best played with greasy controls. I'm probably going to order a pizza, eat it, and then wipe my hands all over my 3DS before playing.

Also, I'm sure this will be the Ferrari-less version due to them likely no longer having the license, and versions/assets exist already for that, I believe the Arcade version in Shenmue (2?) uses the one without Ferrari.

I dunno. Wasn't there something, like... back when Afterburner II came out that suggested they had permission to do it? Like, there was a Ferrari in the end credits or some shit.

Or maybe I'm making it up.

Tizoc

h7E9EA19D

Alright you cheap jerks, time to drop those Pounds/Dollars and grab the available SEGA 3DS classics on the eShop if you don't have them already. That way can get these newer classics up faster.

HUELEN10

All the "series 1" 3D classics came out in the States. The second series, which includes this, Fantasy Zone, and After Burner II so far, has yet to come out stateside. But keep in mind that it was several months between the Japanese releases of that first batch of 3D classics and their stateside release.

Glancing at the sales charts back around December, it looked like the games were doing pretty well, and considering that there's no real translation work to be done... I don't see why we would even be concerned about it not coming here.
In that case...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF7I5GmN9C4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNe7azd-UDY
http://youtu.be/dzV5r9BQjxY
http://youtu.be/J7zqX1XQDLs
http://youtu.be/bw054AF0pXs

LET THE WAIT BEGIN!

rjc571

Banned
I wonder if it'll run at only 30 fps like the arcade version, or if they've updated it to 60? Apparently the Saturn port runs at 60 fps, so hopefully the 3DS version is the same.

Danny Dudekisser

I think the only other game I really want to see from this round of 3D Classics is Bare Knuckle II. After how Shinobi III and Sonic turned out, I really want as many Genesis games as M2 can muster.

I wonder if it'll run at only 30 fps like the arcade version, or if they've updated it to 60? Apparently the Saturn port runs at 60 fps, so hopefully the 3DS version is the same.

Yes, but apparently, the 60fps in the Saturn port is kinda... off. Like it's not animating properly or something. I don't have the game, myself, so I can't confirm it. In any case, I'd guess 30, simply because M2's going for accuracy.

Then again, these crazy sons of bitches like throwing in bonus stuff like that...

I'm probably going to order a pizza, eat it, and then wipe my hands all over my 3DS before playing.
image.php

Great news: that's three arcade ports so far, and I hope they break the previous slate's pattern by adding one more to the mix (preferably something daring like Thunder Blade, which M2 wants to do). Sales were looking decent at the least last time I checked the eShop charts, so we really ought to get these over here.

I will take this moment to endorse the previous 3D Sega releases, particularly Galaxy Force II, which is perhaps the most spectacular any 25-year-old game has ever looked.

and to thank Sega for this kind of thing. Hooray, and such.

Jucksalbe

Banned
They have such a great game selection for this second season. Out Run probably was the one game I wanted them to do the most.
So, Sega, bring them here, I will buy them all.

Rlan

This is more Arcade-specific ports this time around that last time! Prior it was just Hang On and Space Harrier, while GF2 was a port of the PS2 version, and Altered Beast was the Genesis one.

Top Bottom