• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft for Oculus Rift cancelled (due to Facebook aquisition)

Man

ijgj47ux9a6.png

Bring it to the Morpheus please!

Salsa

Markus overreacts on twitter every single day.

What to actually take away from this: he's concerned about Facebook getting involved, every dev and their mother is. It's bad.

Mr. F

Banned
Fuck, now all we have left are the other 02938402983548729487293874298374928734928370987982374928 versions

FleetFeet

This is truly despicable... fuck this whole acquisition.

Why can't sony step up and take over with project morpheus? We need to make this happen if it's going to be like this.

Busty

Banned
Interesting. I'd have done the same thing.

I'm totally irrational when it comes to anything related to Facebook however.

But at least I know it.

domlolz

Banned
notch is stupid, he has his game on practically everything but facebook is tangentially involved and its different how? microsoft...google but facebook? NO WAY!

MDSLKTR

Good me personally I don't want to buy tech with the fb brand on it, why couldn't it have been Google...

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Well, someone else will probably handle it better than Notch/Mojang would anyhow.. which has been par for the course with Minecraft.

BTW, Notch overreacting is a pretty normal thing.. so not surprised.. but still dude should wait until the dust falls before making decisions.

Elija2

I don't understand, what's he worried about? Scared that Facebook is gonna track user head movements and share them with the NSA? Seems like he's overreacting. The Oculus Rift is still looking to be a fine VR kit. I'm sure that he'll change his mind once Facebook makes a proper deal with him ($$$).

whitehawk

Banned
I don't understand, what's he worried about? Scared that Facebook is gonna track user head movements and share them with the NSA? Seems like he's overreacting. The Oculus Rift is still looking to be a fine VR kit. I'm sure that he'll change his mind once Facebook makes a proper deal with him ($$$).
I have to imagine that the worry is that Facebooks main source of revenue is advertising. To get a return on their investment, they're likely going to resort on advertising with VR in some fashion. This could be advertising within game worlds. And the way facebook advertises means they need lots of personal information.

Top Bottom