• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster 16-inch rat terrifies Swedish family in kitchen (Caution -Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Forget Godzilla — this monster is real.

A Swedish family recoiled in terror when their trap did not immediately kill a 16-inch rat scurrying around their kitchen.

The gargantuan rodent, metal clasped tightly around its neck, powered through the pain and scampered off behind Signe Bengtsson-Korsas' kitchen cabinets, The Sun reported.

"It was a monster, the worst thing I have ever seen," she told the British tabloid.

Her husband, Erik, added, "The rat was so big it did not die."

Eventually the squeaking stopped.

The nearly invincible beast was found lifeless behind their dishwasher.

"In the end we managed to find it dead, it had slowly strangled," Erik said. "Then we felt a bit sorry for it."

rat27n-1-web.jpg

rat27n-2-web.jpg

Ventara

Saw a giant rat once when I was a kid in the Philippines. Freaked me out. I would've have thought it was a cat if it wasn't for the tail and fur. Though maybe it was an ugly cat. I never saw it's front since it ran around the corner before I could move the flashlight on it, and no way was I chasing it down, lol.

Mesoian

So story time.

When I moved into my new apartment, the building had just been renovated and no one had lived in the building for a long time. But exterminators had come in and gotten rid of all the vermin that were within, essentially displacing them through the rest of the neighborhood. The only thing keeping the rat population down was a collection (A brood? a group?) of cats that were owned by various apartment owners in the building next door.

Well, skip to a month ago when the super of said building raised the rent, forcing those people to move, taking the cats with them. Every morning, I see a rat just as big as the one in that picture rooting through the trash of the people who still live in that building. It's fucking massive and I don't know how regular house cats, indoor or out, ever managed to deal with it. It's a fucking skeever is what it is. If the world went to hell and this place became Fallout 4, that thing would be the first boss.

But I don't bother it and it doesn't come onto our property so...it's fine for now?

I'm probably already dead.

Madness

How the fuck does a 16" rat even get inside your home? House mice are at least tiny enough and super good climbers that you can see how they could get in somewhere.

Damn, I'd have the whole house checked after that rodent. Probably carries a number of bacteria and disease as well.

I lived in a basement once and would always hear little squeaks at night, but my parents wouldn't believe me. So I bought like two/three traps, and bam, within a day, I'd hear them go off and 3 mice died etc. Seems like some mouse gave birth inside the walls or something. Got the home owners to check it out and they found a small entrance that they could have entered from.

Though, for some reason, the past few years, I've been very different in how I approach these things. I don't even like killing insects anymore. Can't explain why, I'd probably look at more humane ways to catch these things now.

But man, that rat is disgusting.

Longshot

So story time.

When I moved into my new apartment, the building had just been renovated and no one had lived in the building for a long time. But exterminators had come in and gotten rid of all the vermin that were within, essentially displacing them through the rest of the neighborhood. The only thing keeping the rat population down was a collection (A brood? a group?) of cats that were owned by various apartment owners in the building next door.

Well, skip to a month ago when the super of said building raised the rent, forcing those people to move, taking the cats with them. Every morning, I see a rat just as big as the one in that picture rooting through the trash of the people who still live in that building. It's fucking massive and I don't know how regular house cats, indoor or out, ever managed to deal with it. It's a fucking skeever is what it is. If the world went to hell and this place became Fallout 4, that thing would be the first boss.

But I don't bother it and it doesn't come onto our property so...it's fine for now?

I'm probably already dead.
Can you legally own/fire an air rifle in your area? That should fix the problem unless you wanna poison it (and everything else in the process).

Darkman M

What kind of filth do you have to live in to have that monstrosity living with you? I would have unloaded some buckshot on that beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom