• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Update Incoming: Change Time of Day, HUD Off, 30FPS Option

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Ten days.

That’s how long it’s been since I went to the midnight launch of Second Son here in Bellevue, Washington (just outside Seattle). I must have talked to over 100 people there, and so many more on social media and forums, Twitter, NeoGAF, etc. since then. It’s been amazing to see the excitement and passion of inFAMOUS fans, new and old. I want to let you all know how much your enthusiasm and support means to us, how it renews us, and readies us to go try to make even better games in the future.
Change Time-of-Day

Once you beat the game, a new entry will appear on the options menu to allow you to select the time of day! A very popular request indeed, and one we’re excited to enable for you all.

HUD On/Off

Especially for those amazingly talented screenshot taking folks, we’re including an option to let you turn the HUD on and off.

Cap at 30FPS

Internally we prefer the unlocked frame rate, but we recognize that some players find it distressing. So we’ll provide a way to ensure the game is not bumping up over 30FPS, if that’s how you prefer to play.
Of course, our coders and QA team are working to try to identify and resolve key bugs, and we’ll look at incorporating important fixes in the patch too. And who knows… if we’re inspired enough, we may sneak a few other little things in too. Time will tell!

We’re all working hard to release these updates as soon as we can. Time-wise, the earliest we could have the patch and new features ready is about two weeks from now, so stay tuned for another update — we’ll let you know as soon as they’re ready to go live. Until then, keep fighting the D.U.P., keep sharing your awesome screenshots (#PS4share on Twitter), and enjoy your powers!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...ming-change-time-of-day-hud-off-30fps-option/

Cade

Time of Day is awesome, since finishing the game feels almost like a punishment since no more night... and the HUD should be cool for some screenshots (although the compression will still be pretty bad..)

kaioshade

Bravo, Sucker Punch.

While i do not mind the uncapped framerate, the mere fact they are willing to give players the choice should be applauded. The time of day shots and HUD options are also very nice as well. Cannot wait to see the screenshots we get after this.

nofi

I just started playing it yesterday but found there's no way to remove the acceleration on the right-stick camera. Hopefully this gets a toggle in the patch too.

burgerdog

Awww yes, the game is too beautiful to be locked to one tod after you beat the game. 30fps and no hud are welcomed additions as well.

Hoodbury

Good stuff, but surprised at how they worded the time of day thing. Sounds like you just pick a time, not a dynamic thing.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Capping the fps was a smart thing to do, The game is just too jittery from what i've played.

SmokyDave

Oh, fucking sweet. I reckon I'll save my evil play through for when this update hits then.

Time of day is particularly welcome.

Kaswa101

April fools?

Even if it is, we'll likely eventually get these features either way, since SP just acknowledged that people want these in a patch.

Great news. It would be even cooler if the time of day changed automatically, but I know that SP didn't actually program the sun's rotation and all that. But whatever; looking forward to this!

kaskade

This is all stuff they've been talking about so I don't see why it would be a joke.

I'm happy to see the different times of day. Night neon is so nice.

crazyprac

I like the option to change time of day but what about just having the time in game change by itself so then I can just go to my favorite spot in game and leave my TV on :). I'm asking too much but the game is gorgeous.

Redmoon

Sunset and nighttime time of day it is then. Hope this means weather too, cause I really enjoyed the rainy nights. 30fps cap and HUD removal for screens will be nice to have as well.

Good stuff, but surprised at how they worded the time of day thing. Sounds like you just pick a time, not a dynamic thing.

One of the dev streams of Second Son had the tech guy saying that dynamic weather... is harder than it sounds to implement for them.

Seems like it wasn't built into the system at a level that it's easy to make. Hopefully they do it next time.

Elixist

gj Sony and SP. make this a game as service like Valve with tons of free updates add multi and more fun things to do and i just might jump in. sell hats.. *ahem* beanies

Orayn

Great to hear that they're adding the option of a framerate cap in a timely fashion. Hopefully this leads to some sort of mandate to include the option by default from now on.

Top Bottom