• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Wild Arms may be possible?

Soriku

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/dont-jump-gun-yet-new-wild-arms-possible/#2mzaMwgqG1kRsXcF.99

While we haven’t seen a Wild Arms game since Wild Arms XF for PSP back in 2008, Sony Computer Entertainment producer Kentaro Motomura recently spoke with Famitsu in this week’s issue of the magazine about the possibility of seeing a new game in the series, according to a report at Game Jouhou.

The discussion comes from the weekly magazine’s special corner, where fans get to choose which sequels or remakes they’d like to see, where Motomura shares a few thoughts on the fan demand. (Wild Arms 3 from the PS2 pictured above.)

While details on what he said remains scant, we’ll likely be hearing more later this week once the magazine gets published.

Also worth noting that Wild Arms developers, Media.Vision, have been working on mobile titles as of late, such as Chaos Rings. Right now, they are also involved in the development of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, which is headed to PlayStation Vita sometime in 2015.

Please god.

Please.

God.

RPGCrazied

Doubt it, but one can dream I guess. Watch it be VI.... for iOS. =/

So many PS2 era jRPG's that are missing this generation. It sucks.

FStubbs

Wild Arms is Sony first party IP and Sony isn't Square Enix or Capcom. If it by some fluke were to happen (and IIRC the Wild Arms team isn't at Media Vision anymore) it would be for Vita or PS4.

Teknoman

Probably a Vita game(unless this is that AAA secret JRPG that Sony is working on, would be LOL worthy if so).

Lol of happiness.

Doesn't Sony own the IP?

Also, for everyone who didn't see it, our April Fool's Day joke yesterday is relevant: http://zeboyd.com/2014/04/01/zeboyd-games-is-proud-to-announce-untamed-armaments/

Jokes aside, if you guys happened to make a Wild Arms-like...i'd play the hell out of it.

Just saying.

Soriku

Probably a Vita game(unless this is that AAA secret JRPG that Sony is working on, would be LOL worthy if so).

Wild Arms 5 was one of the best PS2 RPGs (if you ignored the story), so no lols needed.

No way they'd give Wild Arms an AAA budget anyway. Not unless it got a massive (MASSIVE) reboot.

Grief.exe

I was thinking Metal Arms when I first saw the thread.

200391-header.jpg

Wild Arms 5 was one of the best PS2 RPGs (if you ignored the story), so no lols needed.

No way they'd give Wild Arms an AAA budget anyway. Not unless it got a massive (MASSIVE) reboot.

That's why I put the LOL there, no way they would give that shit a AAA budget unless they DmC's it.

Soriku

I would hope it's more like 3 and less like 4 & 5.

5 had a great battle system and world (and soundtrack). It just needed a better story.

They could change the battle system I suppose, but 5 was pretty good from a gameplay perspective.

RPGCrazied

V is the best one, at least to me. Dat open world. Also get to travel around in this! I miss the days of exploring worlds with some sort of vehicle or mount. Fast travel cheapens exploration.

48-WA5_269.jpg

Soriku

V is the best one, at least to me. Dat open world. Also get to travel around in this! I miss the days of exploring worlds with some sort of vehicle or mount. Fast travel cheapens exploration.

48-WA5_269.jpg

Getting this thing was when WA5 turned from good to awesome. Because it turned all random encounters off on the world map :p

Pharaun

5 had a great battle system and world (and soundtrack). It just needed a better story.

They could change the battle system I suppose, but 5 was pretty good from a gameplay perspective.

5 is much more balanced that 4, that's for sure. 4 was so broken it was a fucking joke. I just liked the overall package in 3 much more than the others.

SkyOdin

I hope WIld ARMS is coming back, it was a great RPG series. The games never suffered from a lack of content or poor combat, and they had good puzzles. A revival of the franchise would make me happy.

I still need to play more XF. It is one of the best tactical RPGs I have ever played, but it is still sitting there unfinished in my backlog.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Full blown, epic, Wild Arms 6 for PS4 please. Shades of PS1 as far as Wild Arms being an early RPG entry for that system.

that rumoured JRPG will forever haunt us if it got cancelled

seeing as Sony doesn't acknowledge its existence... meaning we will forever wait for something that will never come

I agree that Wild Arms would be a great fit for the Vita since the series has never really been a AAA franchise in budget or popularity. Take the battle system from 4&5 and combine it with a job system like XF and you could have one awesome portable RPG.

RPGCrazied

Other than Final Fantasy and Tales of, has there been any PS2 era jRPG franchise this generation? I really can't think of any. On consoles.

RPGCrazied

Atelier, Ar Tonelico, Disgaea, Star Ocean, Persona (soon :p)

Yeah.

But, where is Suikoden, Dark Cloud, Xenosaga, Rogue Galaxy, Shadow Hearts, Dragon Quest. I could go on and on, but these are my favorite and wanted to see something this generation from them.

Oh yeah, .hack too!

Soriku

Yeah.

But, where is Suikoden, Dark Cloud, Xenosaga, Rogue Galaxy, Shadow Hearts, Dragon Quest. I could go on and on, but these are my favorite and wanted to see something this generation from them.

Suikoden - lol Konami

Dark Cloud/Rogue Galaxy - lol Level 5/Sony. There's still Ninokuni though I guess for a cel-shaded Level 5 RPG.

Xenosaga - Xenoblade. X. Xeno series is still alive even if Xenosaga is over.

Shadow Hearts - The devs got disbanded IIRC.

DQ - DQ X :p But yeah I hope DQ comes back to consoles eventually.

Edit: .hack got a fighting game on PS3! IIRC they said a new game was possible, but not much else.

Other RPGs have replaced some of these series.

RPGCrazied

Suikoden - lol Konami

Dark Cloud/Rogue Galaxy - lol Level 5/Sony. There's still Ninokuni though I guess for a cel-shaded Level 5 RPG.

Xenosaga - Xenoblade. X. Xeno series is still alive even if Xenosaga is over.

Shadow Hearts - The devs got disbanded IIRC.

DQ - DQ X :p But yeah I hope DQ comes back to consoles eventually.

Other RPGs have replaced some of these series.

I wish someone would buy the Shadow Hearts ip. The owner makes pinball machines? Or something. But I would love for .hack to come back as well.

DJIzana

I personally enjoyed Wild Arms 1 and 2 but could at the time, I could not STAND that 3 was cel shaded.

I would love to pick it up again if they brought the series back though. Even if they chose cel shaded again. After playing Windwaker HD and Ni no Kuni, starting to enjoy it.

The anime was freaking GLORIOUS too, by the way.

My personal favorite song from the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvVk0L5lpZY

Grief.exe

.hack got a fighting game on PS3! IIRC they said a new game was possible, but not much else.

Haven't had a chance to check out the .hack series as the copies are exceedingly rare and expensive.

Would probably see a decent profit if they packaged them all up, got them running at high-resolution/frame rates, and released them digitally on PC/current-gen to reduce costs.

RPGCrazied

Haven't had a chance to check out the .hack series as the copies are exceedingly rare and expensive.

Would probably see a decent profit if they packaged them all up, got them running at high-resolution/frame rates, and released them digitally on PC/current-gen to reduce costs.

A .hack //G.U HD collection is kinda a no brainer. Its already dubbed, all they have to do is bump up the resolution. Hell I'd be fine with a port like ToS got.

Barakov

I'd be down for a new Wild Arms as long as it's in the vein of 1,2 and 3. The battle system in 4 and 5 made the random battles drag on for too long. Still it's good to hear that media vision is still thinking about the series.

Top Bottom