• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew runs at native 1080p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One

Online racer The Crew will run at native 1080p, 30 frames per second on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, creative director Julian Gerighty has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_c...ive_1080p_30fps_on_both_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."]

uh oh

The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."]

That's fine. My money won't be branching out to buy your game, either.

really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."

757wlsa5.gif

T.O.P

Banned
30fps for a racing game are still ugh to me

Anyway good to know, i might go (not before reviews) X1 for this if they implement the rumble trigger feauture (and for the online anyway)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
30fps for racing games should be something from the past at this point. for me 30fps in racing games just feel completely wrong and made games almost unplayable.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sounds like they've just downplayed the visuals so they can get it at 1080p on all platforms while just shooting for 30fps and called it a day. Fuck making it actually look good or using more hp for better graphics.

This is like the antihype train.

1080/60 - 720/60 would have been a better choice instead of this parity BS but I guess the 720 stigma is really getting to MS. Or the developer is just setting a low bar for themselves. Who knows.

Its easy to hit 1080p with a racing games. not impressed.
Open world racing games?

I'm a fan of The Crew but not a fan of complete parity across platforms - that's otherwise known as developing towards the lowest common denominator and isn't a plus. Every platform should be exploited.

Edit: Correction. I *was* a fan. Just read about the microtransactions everywhere. Son of a bitch.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
The PC version won't differ too much from the console versions, either, he says, adding that Ivory Tower is "really trying to get parity across all versions, so it's something that’s important to us not to branch out and not do individual things for individual platforms."

barf

R_Deckard

This here is fucking bullshit. Fears confirmed. PC should never be held back by parity with consoles. The more powerful console should not be held back by parity to the weaker. Lowest common denominator gaming here we go.

Yeah this is Ubisoft and they don't want to cannibalise sales from any platform, just look at Assassins Creed, this and WatchDogs will all be very close indeed.

Shame but not a shocker really

AdanVC

I'm on the team who prefer 60fps >>> 1080p stuff. 30 fps on a racing game of this category it's a big ugh at this point. But it would look awesome at least tough...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Yeah this is Ubisoft and they don't want to cannibalise sales from any platform

i don't think that's the logic behind it. people will just buy the game for whatever platform they can that plays it best. and angering fanboys probably costs you like, a dozen sales, if that. the only reason i could think of for forced parity is to save on development by not developing platform specific niceties, or pressure from microsoft.

Atolm

Forza Horizon or PGR4 were 30fps (with clever motion blur, though) and they're the best racing games released in years, so well, I'll still give this game a try.

timlot

Banned
Probably a smart move from a sells stand point. Some Xbox One games ingulfed in parity controversy have ended up selling well less than PS4 versions.

Danneee

Just put it in the pile of uninspired turret gem games that will be bargain bin material a month after release.

Amused

Meh. If they will not do the best they can, they will not be getting my money. I have better things to do with my time than playing games that targets the lowest common denomimator.

wildfire

Banned

And there goes my interest in The Crew. The microtransactions already left me reeling but I was willing to hear them out. This though cements their fate.

Shame really because I haven't been excited about a racing game in over a decade until this game was initially announced.

Majanew

Banned
Good to know PS4 versions will continue to be held back for parity. No reason this and UFC aren't 1080p/60 on PS4 with XB1 being 1080p/30.

Top Bottom