• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour - Infamous: Second Son Sells Over 1m in 9days

Status
Not open for further replies.
File this under rumour for now, but el33tonline is reporting that Sony sent out some PR stating they sold 1m units in 9 days.

This is a sales thread... so I will question here...

Is this true?

inFamous: Second Son seemed destined for success the moment it was unveiled during the PlayStation 4 reveal event thanks to its state-of-the-art visuals and enticing open-world gameplay.

The game was released worldwide on March 21st and Sony has now announced that it managed to sell over one million copies during its first nine days at retail and on the PlayStation Store. This makes it the fastest selling inFamous title to date despite the fact that the PS4′s install base is currently much lower than the PS3′s was when the first two inFamous games launched.

inFamous: Second Son is the second first-party PS4 title to break the one million mark after Killzone: Shadow Fall achieved the same milestone in late December.

http://www.el33tonline.com/post/2014/04/09/infamous-second-son-sells-1-million-units-9-days/

Seems like a Sony email sent today... the PR could be release anytime [if true :D].

gzPXOkE.png

Pretty damn impressive if this is legit.

kaioshade

Seems to be a combination of the PS4 needing an exclusive game for its userbase, and the game is genuinely good.

NEO0MJ

That debut would completely blow away the previous titles. I hope it's true. Game is awesome.

While I'm glad to see the Infamous series doing well, it probably had more to do with how hungry people are for games to play on their PS4s.

unbias

Second Son is an awesome game; one of the most enjoyable games I've played in quite awhile. Hope it's true, maybe we will got more then expect in terms of story DLC.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Seems to be a combination of the PS4 needing an exclusive game for its userbase, and the game is genuinely good.

For sure. I loved the game, but many people were starved for a good exclusive at the time it came out. I'm glad SP didn't mess it up like in Killzone's case. I want more Delsin.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
While I'm glad to see the Infamous series doing well, it probably had more to do with how hungry people are for games to play on their PS4s.

Even so, it means a lot more people just got turned on to the quality of Sucker Punch as a studio and the series.

Good work Sucker Punch, you deserve it. Infamous is the best game on PS4 right now, although Resogun is a close second IMO. Looks like we are in for a Titanfall vs Infamous March NPD. I wonder how many consoles I:SS shifted.

I don't think is has so much to do with an "exclusive" game so much as a very pretty next generation game in a time that is generally thin to all releases.

I hope it's true, Sucker Punch deserves it for this series alone very under rated developers.

6 million+ PS4 units sold.

An anticipated exclusive game comes out (when PS4 already has a limited game library)

Sells 1 million in 9 days.

I say, achievable.

Impressive for a new system with 6 million users.

I thought the game was fun (played a friend's copy for a few hours) but not a must buy for me right now.

A very short but well executed 'super hero' open world game. It was one of the few games I've played that felt truly next-gen and was just a ton of fun while it lasted. Decent story too.

I suppose all I'm trying to say is - well done if true - to Sucker Punch.

Bookoo

Yea, this is probably more of the case. I enjoyed the game, but think it is the weakest of the three story wise. The powers are fun though.

Sounds believable if the number includes digital sales. If true that would prob. put it in the same ballpark as TF's first 9 days.

For sure. I loved the game, but many people were starved for a good exclusive at the time it came out. I'm glad SP didn't mess it up like in Killzone's case. I want more Delsin.
Yep. I think some solid DLC would do well here, especially if there is some stuff we can tackle after fully powering up.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What's a rumour? Also I get all my news from el33tonline.com, the best source for el33t gamer.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The thirst is real.

Good. I haven't played the previous ones (despite owning them :lol. based PS+/PSN hack). ISS however feels like Spiderman 2-2, in a good way.

Probably includes the PS4+Infamous bundle. It counts as Retail copy.

yeah that's what i thought. either way it's a good boost to SP Studios! although i think these sales are due in large part to there being a software drought on PS4. nevertheless, Infamous SS was a fun and enjoyable game. i'd be ok with not having another Infamous game come out for a while though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom