• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| Future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
ibkoticujHlEQB.png

Platforms
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Playstation 4
Uplay
Steam (uses Uplay)​

Release Date
April 16th 2014 for Consoles
April 24th 2014 for PC​

Price
Physical copy - $40 (Includes season pass)
Digital copy - $20
Season Pass - $20​

PC system requirements
Minimum
CPU: Intel Core i3 550 or AMD Athlon II X4 620
RAM: 3GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5850 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or higher)
Disk space: 8GB

Recommended
CPU: Intel Core i5 2400s or AMD Phenom II X4 955
RAM: 4GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti or better / AMD Radeon HD 7850 or better
Disk space: 8GB​

iL1XhfAt19sUh.png

FMX Tricks

New to the Trials series is the introduction of the FMX mode. In this mode you can do all sorts of tricks which earn you points which you need to earn medals. You
can perform these tricks by using the right stick on your controller. The trick mechanic uses the game’s physics which means that it will affect the movements of your
bike similar to the leaning mechanic. The FMX mode is played on tracks specifically made for the mode and it also uses a bike that it specially designed around
catching big air to make it better suited for doing tricks.​

Track Editor

The map editor in Trials Evolution gave birth to an insane amount of original tracks and game modes. From Ninja difficulty tracks to first person shooter minigames,
people created the craziest things. Given this it’s not a surprise that the map editor is making a return in Trials Fusion. This time with more varying environments, more
items and more
possibilities.​

Track Central

Also making a return in Trials Fusion is Track Central. This allows you to share your own custom-made tracks and also allows you to download other people’s tracks.
The maps are listed in various categories making it easier to find the top-rated tracks of a specific kind.​

Multiplayer

Trials Fusion will not have a head-to-head online multiplayer mode like the one found in Trials Evolution. According to RedLynx the mode wasn’t popular enough to
justify the work put into it so they scrapped it. They also said that they’re adding "a completely new type of online multiplayer mode" soon after launch free of charge.
So while the game won’t have any online multiplayer at launch it will still have the local multiplayer mode. In this mode up to four players can compete against each
other in races.​

ikLJhuxPkr9Ea.png

Videos

Screenshots

inLdjSYvSV3Kh.png

Season Pass

Trials Fusion will have a total of six DLC packs post-launch. These packs will among other things include new tracks, editor objects, bike parks, career events and
rider gear. There isn’t any specific information yet about what exactly will be released in each DLC pack. If you wish to purchase all the DLC at a discounted price you
can choose to get the season pass which can be bought for $20.​

DLC Packs

<work in progress>​

ibwvQdDZtD4UZm.png

Sanke__

Kind of a dick move that the PS4 pre-order is the $40 deluxe edition.

Between that and the retail release, it seems like they should just cut the BS and call it a $40 game, but I'm confident it'll be worth $40 so it's all good.

I forgot this was out next week. I was going retail, but now I'm wondering if I should just buy the deluxe digital edition (with season pass) off PSN.

OP you forgot to mention there are ATVs and a mode that randomly generates tracks!

Other tracks showcase some of the possibilities of the level editor. For example, there's an infinite level in Fusion which randomly generates a new stretch of track for each completed checkpoint.

In this level, provided you keep completing the tracks, the game will keep generating new ones.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...-challenges-and-closer-ties-to-community.html

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Finally us PS people can get in on the action! Loved Trials 2 SE on the PC, then Trials HD/Evo almost made me buy a 360 last gen, but I held out (didn't feel like there were enough other interesting exlusives to warrant owning both a PS3 and a 360). Then I got the awful PC port. Had fun with it despite its flaws, but man was it crappy. This will be bought on day 1 for PS4. Will get the digital version, since this is the kind of game I always want ready to be fired up, regardless of what other game might currently be in the disc drive.

lem0n

This is one of my most anticipated games this year, next to the new Borderlands Pre-sequel and Destiny. Trials is so much damn fun to play with friends

Gimme dem shits

WizzNARD

I thought I remembered seeing multiplayer, the old style, not the one mentioned in the OP. I wanna say it was a giant bomb video a couple weeks back. Did something change since then?

I enjoyed the head to head multi in Evo.

Zeth

Bought a 360 for Trials.

Hoping the PC version is better this time, I didn't bother with the last one. Anyone in the beta? Might have to start a UPlay friends list. Unless it sucks, I'll dust off the 360.

MYeager

LOL, season pass? The game is $20 and the season pass is the cost of the game?

Covers 6 DLC packs, and if they're anything like the DLC packs for Trials Evolution that's a pretty good deal for a significant amount of content. If they had a version that allowed them to hook up an IV into my arm and drip feed me more Trials I'd pay even more.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How much should you expect to save by going for the season pass? 6 DLC packs, right? How much is a Trials DLC pack usually? $5 or something? That would make it $30 for all of them, so you'd save $10 by getting the season pass. Seem right?

Tak3n

Banned
Ok

been in the Beta for a couple of weeks

the Mechanics are the same as Evolution, it looks fantastic (PC) it has challenges (hard ones as well) 3 in every race

it has QUAD bikes!

There is a WIND TUNNEL!

You have a strange relationship with a female robot commentator, the backgrounds are very busy

I really enjoy it

Releasing the PC on the same day as DS2 stupid move which means this will get largely ignored on PC

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Waiting for a sale. Ubi Shanghai burned me once and I don't have my hopes up for the PC version.

Going PS4 in protest of Uplay and shoddy ports.

I guess Ubi still gets my money either way :(

What a protest. :depr

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yes, yes. My PS4 needs this game. If it's as good as the last two Trials game, it should be a massive time sink. Maybe it's overpriced, but I'm hungry enough to drop $40 on this.

Tak3n

Banned
Waiting for a sale. Ubi Shanghai burned me once and I don't have my hopes up for the PC version.

What a protest. :depr

easy, pre order at amazon.com you get a beta key, join beta cancel amazon order :)

from what I played PC version ran fine

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How meaty/varied were DLC packs for previous games? Is the $20 investment likely worth it?

FYI: while the PC version is officially delayed by a week, anyone who have pre-ordered that version can enter the "beta", which means you can play the first three "level packs" right now. WELCOME TO DAH FUTURE!

(By "level packs": the "career" mode is divided into eight packs, each with seven levels and a skill game. Do note that in the earlier packs, the tutorial levels count as one of the pack's level.)

Stuff to know: tricks are not available until you complete the third level pack, and there's a bunch of stuff in the beta which remains a mystery ("Step Into The Light" and "Pyroescence" modes, for example). So far it appears FMX is not a separate mode and FMX tracks are mixed in with the more traditional levels.

As for performance: if your computer is meaty enough, it's apparently 60 FPS city. My computer is not meaty enough, and I'm stuck on 30 FPS, and it appears that the game was designed around 60 FPS because my game appears to play at half speed. It's improved a bit as the beta progressed, but I'm still waiting for them to unhook game speed from frame rate.

How meaty/varied were DLC packs for previous games? Is the $20 investment likely worth it?
They're usually whole new areas, with a large set of tracks and other goodies. They've always seemed like a good deal if you really like the game.

Overdoziz

Banned
from what I played PC version ran fine
The beta currently has a glitch where the game goes in slowmotion if the framerate drops. I've also had some pretty bad stuttering issues. Guess we'll see what performance is like on launch in two weeks.

Tak3n

Banned
The beta currently has a glitch where the game goes in slowmotion if the framerate drops. I've also had some pretty bad stuttering issues. Guess we'll see what performance is like on launch in two weeks.

not had any of that, I have a 780 though and put vsync on so I wonder if that helps

MYeager

For Trials Evolution the two DLC packs added 44 single player tracks, 15 supercross tracks, two new bikes, several mini-games and two new areas and objects to create levels with. I thought they were worth it for the creation stuff alone since there were some amazing player creations

see5harp

I may just rent the ps4 version and buy the xbox one version. Any hints as to differences between the the versions?

Overdoziz

Banned
not had any of that, I have a 780 though and put vsync on so I wonder if that helps
I have a 7850 and the framerate dips occasionally and because of the glitch it's extremely noticeable. Not sure what the stuttering is about, though. Also, you really don't want to play with v-sync off. It's probably the worst screen tearing I've ever seen in a game, haha.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
They're usually whole new areas, with a large set of tracks and other goodies. They've always seemed like a good deal if you really like the game.

For Trials Evolution the two DLC packs added 44 single player tracks, 15 supercross tracks, two new bikes, several mini-games and two new areas and objects to create levels with. I thought they were worth it for the creation stuff alone since there were some amazing player creations

Thanks, I'll probably grab the season pass then since I'll end up buying the DLC packs anyway.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As for performance: if your computer is meaty enough, it's apparently 60 FPS city. My computer is not meaty enough, and I'm stuck on 30 FPS, and it appears that the game was designed around 60 FPS because my game appears to play at half speed. It's improved a bit as the beta progressed, but I'm still waiting for them to unhook game speed from frame rate.

The PC port of Evo was pretty much the same. If you couldn't consistently stay above 60 fps it ran like absolute shit. Like, 59 fps would make it stutter like crazy. Seems like their engine has the gameplay very tied to the framerate on a fundamental level. On consoles that's fine, because they can just optimize it to make sure it always runs at 60, but on PC you're gonna have issues. And I wouldn't count on the PC version ever being "fixed", Evo wasn't.

This was confirmed 1080p right? I remember it saying 720p for the PS4 version but that may have been a type? I don't remember if we got any confirmation in that thread.

So hyped for this game! I loved Trials Evolution.

I may just rent the ps4 version and buy the xbox one version. Any hints as to differences between the the versions?

Not yet, but I'm very curious myself. Considering the recommended PC specs line up very closely with the PS4, and not the XB1, I suspect we're gonna see some performance differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom