• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cult County first gameplay footage (Kickstarter still ongoing)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

This is pre-alpha version taken from the PC build and narrated by developer Jools Watsham. In his own words, it has a slight "toon shading" bent.

Link to the Cult County Kickstarter campaign. PS4, Vita, PS3, Wii U, Steam (Windows, OS X, Linux), and Xbox One are included platforms in the initial goal.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well defined shadows in a sandstorm tho? Still, it's useful for their tech.

That seems like one of those things they fix up towards the end of alpha mode, I think. Maybe even beta.

I have to say the video impressed me. I actually kinda told Jools straight up last PAX I didn't think the 3DS version was all that, and it killed me. Sure, the video in the OP isn't Crysis 3, but it isn't trying to be. I love the unique style it has.

element

As much as I would love to see this get funded, I just can't see it getting there. They didn't get 5% of their goal their initial week.

This seems like the kind of game that would/should get some kind of publisher support. That said, I don't know how they can expect to launch on six platforms for $600,000.

jmizzal

As much as I would love to see this get funded, I just can't see it getting there. They didn't get 5% of their goal their initial week.

They said if it doesnt get funded on Kickstarter the game will still come out just later.

Also I like the Cel shading they added now, will get it on WiiU

Top Bottom