• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

Agram

0XE9QE2.jpg

DbUjAYk.jpg

ioI5MOp.jpg

SBi1iQA.jpg

z27p1ht.jpg

1978462_10152119969677620_8485856389426403794_o.jpg

Delsin: "Kids, this is the story of How I Met Your Mother..."

10273278_10152119970162620_4820743724679036510_o.jpg

Girl: "Hmm, not bad...I shouldn't complain as I wanted to marry him and he actually heard me when I was screaming that and sent me flying..."

1974393_10152119969992620_9045035419480236861_o.jpg

The Race

I'm seeing some black crush in these shots - is that from people messing with photomode settings, or is that how the game looks sometimes?

Qassim

So many of these are absolutely astonishing. More games should come with a photo mode (even PC versions, to easily play with things like DoF without 3rd party tools).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Awesome shots, people! Haven't had a chance to try this out myself yet.

Btw, i'm the only to whom the info/hud of the Photo Mode spillout of the screen? Can't find where i can set the screen size to fix that :(

Sounds like you need to fix your TV settings. You need to set it to "full pixel", "just scan", or something similar. Most TVs overscan by default for some ridiculous reason, even with digital signals.

GavinUK86

Can we confidently say spoilers are a no brainer here? Cause if so someone needs to jump into their end game and show me dat final power sprint from the front with all the bells and whistles.. I need to know what he looks like in that form.

I did on the first page. 6th post.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Has it been confirmed that nothing additional is being done to the shots when they're rendered in Photomode?

I haven't played the game but the IQ is really clean for a console game. That may be because of the heavy use of DoF blur though.

What's a good site for this?

minus or abload

I use Flickr.

People should absolutely check out Flickr and Sta.sh for this. Minus has pretty rotten loading speeds for a lot of people, and abload is (for most people) in another language.

Flickr is great and has a ton of storage space, and I like Sta.sh the most which offers 2Gb of storage and is run by Deviant Art so you know its mad reliable.

Rosur

Has it been confirmed that nothing additional is being done to the shots when they're rendered in Photomode?

Well you can add colour effects to them like black & white and change where the angle of the camera is etc but otherwise in straight from the game.

Zomba13

All we need now is an update that lets us replay past missions once you beat the game. I want to get some cool shoots of Fetch.

Shaneus

Edit: Maybe this should be in the OP? For creating uncompressed shots from PS4 games:
- Have a second account at the ready, or a friend’s PSN.

- Send a message with your desired screenshot attached via the PS4 messaging service to the account.

- Download the PlayStation App for your phone.

- Open up the application, log into your PSN, and check out the message that you sent.

- Open the attachment on your phone.

- Now you can save the full-resolution screenshot to your memory and use in whatever capacity you wish.

eso76

so this photomode is basically just free camera mode + DOF, no improvements to IQ compared to ingame right ?
and same models i gather ?

impressive.

Shaneus

Watch the tutorial listed in the OP which explains it pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbkvRpL72mo
He's not asking how to do it, just what possible post-processing it does.

so this photomode is basically just free camera mode + DOF, no improvements to IQ compared to ingame right ?
and same models i gather ?

impressive.
From what I can tell, there's some kind of AA applied, but I can't see anything else. Similar thing to what I noticed in photo mode in PGR4... if you shift the camera a tiny bit, you can see part of the actual image before it does whatever (basic) post-processing to tidy it up a little. Some aliasing definitely disappears when doing that in SS.

Edit: Uploaded image via the PSN messaging attachment technique:
img_0228llkek.jpg

ron_bato

Here are a bunch of new ones from me, spent an entire hour and a half just toying with the mode. It has indeed become Screenshot: The Game lol

ibzKjzyejcX1qz.jpg

ibtWDTpJOGle14.jpg

iCMke8CzcoorV.jpg

Top Bottom