• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Knowland (Lead Character Artist) leaves Naughty Dog

potam

Banned
I haven't been following this too closely, but what the fuck is up at ND? Has there been any explanation about all these departures?

DieH@rd

Banned
ibjXokNOnT67d.jpg

L~A

I haven't been following this too closely, but what the fuck is up at ND? Has there been any explanation about all these departures?

It's all Iwata's fault.

Honestly, I'm surprised to see many people leaving. Not following too closely either, but it doesn't look like a case of "happens all the time, but media focus on ND makes it more visible".

BigDug13

What the hell is happening over there? Is the staff there uncharted out?

That's what I'm wondering. I personally was disappointed to hear about Uncharted 4 when the studio has proven itself to be able to make success stories out of new IP's and has the creative talent to not need to be bogged down with one IP.

Being turned into sequel factories is why Bungie and IW had issues.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ugh. Begin the doom and gloom and wtf Naughty Dog and concern trolling and legitimate trolling and legitimate concern.
That's what I'm wondering. I personally was disappointed to hear about Uncharted 4 when the studio has proven itself to be able to make success stories out of new IP's and has the creative talent to not need to be bogged down with one IP.
Being turned into sequel factories is why Bungie and IW had issues.
Didn't you post almost this exact same post earlier today?

ND is made up of a lot of individual people. I don't know why you think nobody at Naughty Dog wants to work on Uncharted. There's obviously a number of people there with a passion for the franchise. There could be people leaving because they want to work on new IP, or because they wanted to work on TLoU 2, and it's just as possible there are people staying because they want to work on Uncharted. Maybe the same people leaving are for better opportunities. And besides didn't this exact same thing happen before at the end of the PS2 Era?

foamdino

Could be simply boredom/time to move on.

People do tend to re-evaluate their position when others in the organisation move on.

Fox Mulder

It's a new gen and they're working on a port of last of us and another uncharted. Sounds like a great time to look at better opportunities.

Chris R

Whelp, all hope lost for anything ND will put out now. What was the poison? Sony telling them to make Uncharted 4?

Oh my god. What is going on there?
edit: Hoping that he left because of a better job opportunity and not something bad going on at NaughtyDog...

Top Bottom