• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swords & Soldiers Wii U out on May 15th in Europe and cost 2,99 €

BmeuA3OCIAA1Asr.jpg:orig

North America also passed lot check so it's close as well. :)

To note, the other Classics are $2, but the WiiWare version of S&S is 1000 Points aka $10.

No one else excited for it? If you've never played it and have a Wii U, that's a killer price to jump in with, AND the sequel is Wii U-exclusive.

They should have a small discount of S&S2 if you buy the original before the sequel.

Hyped for the NA release! Also, legit shook that they made the sequel a Wii U exclusive. Good for them
and Wii U owners

fred

That's a pretty good deal! I think these developers are the same guys who designed de Blob when they were students (which was excellent!) and they formed their own dev studio from the proceeds.

Only $3? I'm in!

Two Tribes has been killing it on Wii U. Toki Tori 2 was amazing and their Two Tribes Classics line is a great value. I got all three of them (Toki Tori 1, Edge, Rush) for $2 each.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Must have if you haven't played it already. Great price as well.

fred

Oops, my bad. Didn't realise it was Two Tribes, can't remember the name of the WiiWare game I was originally thinking of now but it had a similar name. Think the developers are called Geronimo.

Oops, my bad. Didn't realise it was Two Tribes, can't remember the name of the WiiWare game I was originally thinking of now but it had a similar name. Think the developers are called Geronimo.
No, you're actually right. Two Tribes simply ported Swords & Soldiers, it was developed by Ronimo Games who do have de Blob roots.

zroid

Banned
Did they talk about the controls at all? Is it just gonna use the Wiimote as before, or will there be touch controls as well?

Would definitely double dip for touchscreen controls.

Did they talk about the controls at all? Is it just gonna use the Wiimote as before, or will there be touch controls as well?

Would definitely double dip for touchscreen controls.
They're porting the iOS version, the game has two separate controls options: touch screen and original Wii remote.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i dont want to be a dick, but a old ass game that is basically bundle trash is Wii U thread worthy? like really? :/

edit: im not shitting on the Wii U, quite the contrary, just seems odd to make a thread about this I dunno. maybe its a bigger deal than I give it credit for

i dont want to be a dick, but a old ass game that is basically bundle trash is Wii U thread worthy? like really? :/

This is dumb on so many levels. For starters, it's a great game. It's incredible fun. And we have threads on way older games. And lastly, it's less thread worthy because it's on Wii U?

Thread whining is bannable too.

i dont want to be a dick, but a old ass game that is basically bundle trash is Wii U thread worthy?

Maybe because it's a great game? Maybe because it's a game that started on a Nintendo platform and now comes back in HD glory? Maybe because there is a sequel in the works, which will also release on Wii U?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is dumb on so many levels. For starters, it's a great game. It's incredible fun. And we have threads on way older games. And lastly, it's less thread worthy because it's on Wii U?

Thread whining is bannable too.

no its not less worthy because its on the Wii U, in fact its the opposite, I hold the Wii U to the same standard as I hold PC for example where iOS ports are a dime a dozen every day and its weird to me to make a big deal out of it.

but hey, I apologize, I didnt mean to offend the Wii U (like I said) or its fans.

Maybe because it's a great game? Maybe because it's a game that started on a Nintendo platform and now comes back in HD glory? Maybe because there is a sequel in the works, which will also release on Wii U?

I apologized already, not much else I can do. move along and enojy your game I guess

Penguin

no its not less worthy because its on the Wii U, in fact its the opposite, I hold the Wii U to the same standard as I hold PC for example where iOS ports are a dime a dozen every day and its weird to me to make a big deal out of it.

but hey, I apologize, I didnt mean to offend the Wii U (like I said) or its fans.

It's an up-port of a Wii game that a lot of people enjoyed here

It was also part of the announcement of the sequel. Which is a good reason to show people original is coming as well.

ironcreed

Banned

edit: im not shitting on the Wii U, quite the contrary, just seems odd to make a thread about this I dunno. maybe its a bigger deal than I give it credit for

It's a actually a first for me and I also just bought a Wii U. So, thanks for the heads up, OP. I might check this out at some point.

Rhaknar

I guess I was coming into it from a "doesnt everyone have this on PC" perspective, I forget that there are peeps out there that only have a Wii U for example, or just prefer to buy games on it. Again, apologies.

I guess I was coming into it from a "doesnt everyone have this on PC" perspective, I forget that there are peeps out there that only have a Wii U for example, or just prefer to buy games on it. Again, apologies.
There's no preference of where I buy stuff and I own a decent PC.

I own the game on 4 different devices and I'm buying it again because it's good and it's only $3. That's less than I spend on coffee.

Edit: No one's offended about your feelings of the game's worth, it's just annoying when someone who's not interested takes their time to shit up a thread for people that are.

$3, wow, why not?

sorry off topic, but Abyss is $2, how is that game?
It's great.

Good music, presentation and gameplay for $2. Think of it like an obstacle course with a guy that controls like the ship in Lunar Lander.

Julio's also probably the best 'Official' person on Miiverse, he constantly interfaces with fans and appreciates feedback.

DrLazy

Does anyone know if they re-balanced the factions? The Chinese faction was way underpowered in multi-player to the point you literally couldn't win some maps (shorter ones).

Top Bottom