• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

ZeroAKA

i4qVx2TsWhDej.jpg

iPn2cww5zVaTe.jpg

Borderlands 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed four-player cooperative shooter-looter that combined intense first-person mayhem with role-playing gameplay.
The second game in the series, Borderlands 2 raises the action of the original game with an even larger and more detailed world to explore, an updated gun system,
a new cast of characters and character classes, and integration of storyline with action.
  • (Not Quite) Full Borderlands 2 experience on the PS Vita
    The critically acclaimed and bestselling role-playing shooter hybrid now available on the go
  • 6 Playable Character Classes
    Including Mechromancer and Psycho expansion classes
  • Includes 6 Add On Packs:
    - Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage Add On Campaign
    - Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty Add On Campaign
    - Psycho Character Class
    - Mechromancer Character Class
    - Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
    - Collector’s Edition Pack
  • 4... 2 Player Co-Op Online
    Shoot and loot through Pandora with up to 1 of your friends on the PS Vita (yay friendship!)
  • Cross Save with your PS3
    Continue your save file on your PS3 and vice versa (hopefully... not sure what the DLCs might do)
  • Technical Details
    - Native resolution, ~30 FPS, fully customizable controls, gyroscope aiming
    - Long loading times so that you can get food and drinks between sessions

iwqJsusye7X6S.jpg

i17RedhaAH7q4.png

iJx2x6VX2QVHU.jpg

i5L5NMo0eXGwk.jpg

is9nyO2Zejs7o.jpg

Official Website
Metacritic Reviews (65)
Borderlands 2 (PC/Consoles) OT/OT2
Skill Tree Simulators: (Commando, Siren, Gunzerker, Assassin, Mechromancer, Psycho)
SHiFT Codes (Golden Keys)
PC -> PS3 -> Vita Save Transfer

Please keep all discussions civil and leave sales talk out of this thread. :)

RE_Player

I hate that they are holding back the release of the stand alone game until after the bundle. When it comes out proper feel free to add me for some Borderlands Vita fun.

Getting it in the bundle next week. Unless the game is fundamentally broken I'll probably play through it again

Co-Op limitation doesn't actually bother me but I can understand why it sucks for others

GulAtiCa

I'm going to wait for reviews. I'm currently unsure...

I do kinda want it though.. But only if it's a competent port.

br3wnor

Friend of mine's GF asked what she should get him for his b-day, she had a $200 budget. He's getting a Borderlands 2 Vita bundle, can't wait to finally get another member on the Vita train.

Meier

I love Borderlands and played the hell out of 1 and 2.. but there's just no scenario where I'll ever play this personally. I can only understand old ports of games if they were not on a related system to start. Can't really envision any Vita owners not having a PS3 or 360 so this is just a port of a 2 year old game rather than something many people are clamoring for. What is the audience?

-NeoTB1-

I love Borderlands and played the hell out of 1 and 2.. but there's just no scenario where I'll ever play this personally. I can only understand old ports of games if they were not on a related system to start. Can't really envision any Vita owners not having a PS3 or 360 so this is just a port of a 2 year old game rather than something many people are clamoring for. What is the audience?

In my case, I don't have either a PS3 or 360 anymore. PS3 bit the dust, and I sold off my 360 when I started the new gen of consoles. I hear you, though. This is a little LTTP.

ZeroAKA

You guys can easily find people online who are willing to sell their BL2 code from the Vita Slim bundle for ~$20, including on GAF's own B/S/T thread. You don't have to pay full price.

BFIB

You guys can easily find people online who are willing to sell their BL2 code from the Vita Slim bundle for ~$20, including on GAF's own B/S/T thread. You don't have to pay full price.

Yep....I would also PM me for my code, which I'll have once my bundle arrives.

Randdalf

Borderlands I think, seems ripe for a handheld: a lengthy RPG with lots of quests to do. I already completed Borderlands 2 on PC and played it basically the whole way through with friends. I think the game would just ... work better in a portable solo context than it does on a console or PC in single player, because of the sort of game it is. Sure, it's late coming (might have been better to have the new Borderlands released on Vita instead), but it's a game you're in theory meant to play through more than once, so I wouldn't mind playing it again. If I had a Vita, that is.

I'll probably grab this because I have a lot of time to play portable games (~30 minute subway ride to/from work) and a much smaller backlog on my portable systems than on my consoles. That's why I pretty much always favor Vita ports over the console versions- I can play those games on the subway and spend my console gaming time on games that I can't play on Vita.

I haven't played this yet and the Vita is my only option now I have a PS4. I'll pick this up at some point seeing as I really liked the first one. I hope we get some decent footage of it though as what we have seen so far hasn't been great.

nakedeyes

Banned

I love BL1, but had had enough even when BL2 came out.. bought BL2 PC and played for maybe 2 hours.. now I am ready for more finally, and stoked to have a nice expansive game like this on the go!

One of the subtle nice things about the vita is that you can sleep at any point in any game, it makes huge games like this really digestible as you can play as much or as little as you want at any point and pick and and put it down essentially immediately!

Tagyhag

I'm still thinking if I should buy this later on or not. After playing it on the PC it might be a waste of my money. I'll probably just wait for reviews.

I never owned a PS3 or a 360 and I own a Vita.
Never played any of the borderlands games so this is all new to me.

I hate that they are holding back the release of the stand alone game until after the bundle. When it comes out proper feel free to add me for some Borderlands Vita fun.

This is my biggest concern. I kind of feel like if it was a solid piece of software, they'd release the standalone copy at the same time as the bundle.

Has anyone actually played this yet?

Khrno

Too many guns and not enough framerate in this version.

This is one of those games that don't really work as they should on Vita, and that rear touch pad is horrible, you will be meleeing all the time when you don't want to, oh and meleeing interrupts reloading, very annoying.

KORNdoggy

Think i'm going to buy this. Not bought a "proper" game on vita since tearaway, and i didn't buy any of the DLC so seems worthwhile. Something to play at work at any rate. comes out end of may here in the UK though, which is right around watchdogs and wolfenstein, so it might have to wait until june.

oggob

The later delay for PAL (21st for AU), means I'll get some good impressions... Probably hear that it's not that great and still buy it anyway for the work commutes... So it will be glorious!

Too many guns and not enough framerate in this version.

This is one of those games that don't really work as they should on Vita, and that rear touch pad is horrible, you will be meleeing all the time when you don't want to, oh and meleeing interrupts reloading, very annoying.

You can remap the controls, doesnt have to be on the rear pad. As long as there are 2 sticks on the vita, it will work fine. May take some time to adjust though.

Count me excited to play BL2 for the second time on the go.

Chris R

Any word of a demo? I need to hold a vita in my hands, see how it controls and what the framerate is like in person before deciding on a buy or not.

Khrno

You can remap the controls, doesnt have to be on the rear pad.

Yes you can, what you cannot do is to not have any action mapped there, something has to use it, that's just the default, but what would you put there instead, crouching, jumping, reloading? Anything would be just as annoying when you don't intend to use that action.
Even sprinting which is mapped on the left side of the rear pad is annoying to use because it doesn't react smoothly to your touch.

Anyway, not the best 40 hours I've spent on a Vita game, but seriously, the rear touch pad is no where as game breaking as the crappy frame-rate, even worst while doing 2p co-op.

Top Bottom